Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment- Where and $ ? Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to need an alignment soon as I swap on my next set of tires/wheels at ~47K miles. I'm thinking an alignment would be wise. Where have you guys found is competent at doing alignments on Teslas? Mine is a RWD BTW. SC is an option, but suspect they are busy and expensive and likely not necessary? All suggestions (including what you've paid) and your experiences very welcome!

Call some shops local to you and ask if they have Tesla experience. There's really nothing special in the suspension that would throw off a seasoned technician from adjusting camber, toe, etc.... as long as the specs are available which they are for body shops.

SC charged me $130 here in South Florida.

I'd rather go to an independent shop but I can't get clarity on what if any software/calibration resets needed to take place.
None to my knowledge. SC in Sarasota performed an alignment a couple days after my 2020 was delivered due to the wheel being off center and a pull to the right. They did not re-calibrate anything or software reset.

About $80-100 at tire central
I see that you're in Socal, after I had my T Sportline springs installed. I got my alignment at Tire Central in San Gabriel.

Tire Central - San Gabriel, CA

They've done tons of Teslas and have the updated software/specs for Model 3. You can see my review that I posted on their yelp page.
Hope this helps! I can't remember the price I paid but it was under $200 forsure.

Reactions: follow.johnny