Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone who had their MY aligned happen to know the specs to be used? I don't trust that our new LR MY to be delivered on 12/14 will be correctly aligned based on some of the "horror" stories I have read and I want to get it checked right off the bat to maximize tread life. THANKS!

Does anyone who had their MY aligned happen to know the specs to be used? I don't trust that our new LR MY to be delivered on 12/14 will be correctly aligned based on some of the "horror" stories I have read and I want to get it checked right off the bat to maximize tread life. THANKS!

I had my alignment done last week at a Tesla Approved body shop to make sure it was aligned properly from the factory. Mainly did it to make sure I don't wear out my tires due to bad alignment. Attached my pre/post alignment results, which includes the specs from Tesla.

Overall, it wasn't too bad from the factory.

Couple of notes regarding my alignment:
  • Took delivery of my Y on 9/29
  • Had about 2,500 miles when I did the alignment
  • Never hit a pothole or anything major to knock the alignment out of spec
IMG_7279.jpg

This is a must on the inspection list as mine was off along with the steering wheel position. (slightly to the right)
I mentioned this after I took delivery but it was actually noticed when I was driving back.
It's hard to notice this since people try the autopilot and FSD feature out.

I just got the alignment done within specs from Tesla.
Also getting a brand new front seat for a defect bottom position they can't fix.

But other than that I think the manufacturing has vastly improved.​

Reactions: GeezerSquid
This is a must on the inspection list as mine was off along with the steering wheel position. (slightly to the right)
I mentioned this after I took delivery but it was actually noticed when I was driving back.
It's hard to notice this since people try the autopilot and FSD feature out.

I just got the alignment done within specs from Tesla.
Also getting a brand new front seat for a defect bottom position they can't fix.

But other than that I think the manufacturing has vastly improved.​
My steering wheel was off to the right too; by about 2 degrees so very minimal. The place where I got the alignment done fixed it for me.
How bad was your alignment out of spec?

I always have any new car alignment checked after 1k miles. Factory alignments aren't reliable.

Koolio46: THANKS for the spec sheet. Valuable information! A moderator should make this a stickie!!!

I always have any new car alignment checked after 1k miles. Factory alignments aren't reliable.

Koolio46: THANKS for the spec sheet. Valuable information! A moderator should make this a stickie!!!
No problem, glad it was helpful!

FYI, my alignment was done on a Hunter alignment machine (which I always prefer) and, obviously, Hunter has the Tesla MY specs so if you go somewhere with a Hunter machine and they say they don't have the MY's specs, then they haven't downloaded the update.

I had my alignment done last week at a Tesla Approved body shop to make sure it was aligned properly from the factory. Mainly did it to make sure I don't wear out my tires due to bad alignment. Attached my pre/post alignment results, which includes the specs from Tesla.

Overall, it wasn't too bad from the factory.

Couple of notes regarding my alignment:
  • Took delivery of my Y on 9/29
  • Had about 2,500 miles when I did the alignment
  • Never hit a pothole or anything major to knock the alignment out of spec
View attachment 615674

In spec or not, .45 in the rear is way too much toe for me = increased tire wear, more tire noise, less range. Even the front is high for my liking.

I do my own alignments now with very accurate alignment tools, and I get it close to zero for total toe. Much less tire noise.

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46