Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All 4 windows dont close all the way up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y noticed today all 4 windows close and then come down tiny bit. I left the car out on driveway and there was a thin layer of fresh snow. Is it because of snow, cold, or new feature (2021.44.30), or it needs recalibration?

I know there are several posts but it appears it may be some feature so that windows dont get stuck in cold weather?

AC

Ok for tge update version i posted, here is what the owners manual says-

• Model Y automatically makes a slight adjustment to the position of the windows to make it easier to open doors in cold temperature.
  • Use the mobile app to schedule a service appointment for Tesla to provide hydrophobic coating to your windows for a nominal fee.”
So based on the first bullet point my issue is a non-issue i guess.

Has anyone done this hydrophobic coating?

Hydrophobic coating is simply Aquapel or RainX or other similar water repellant products. Personally I have been using Aquapel for close to 20 years, amazing stuff. I apply it in spring and fall.

Cannot see how this will benefit cold weather window opening issues use unless they assume the water will bead off more so there is less to freeze or maybe the ice shears off more easily when lowering the window with a hydrophobic coating?

Model Y noticed today all 4 windows close and then come down tiny bit. I left the car out on driveway and there was a thin layer of fresh snow. Is it because of snow, cold, or new feature (2021.44.30), or it needs recalibration?

I know there are several posts but it appears it may be some feature so that windows dont get stuck in cold weather?

AC
That update has been around for sometime now. The first window update only rolled down the front windows. And somewhere along the line the back windows did the same. It has saved my bacon a couple of times when i forgot to inform a new pass on how to open the door, and they used the emergency 'pull handle.'

Just discovered this "feature" yesterday when it was bloody cold in my area. I recalibrated manually and through the service mode with no luck. Thought I had an issue and read somewhere about the cold weather.

I tested that theory as the front passenger and rear passenger windows were doing this and sure enough after putting that side directly in the sun the windows closed normally.

What's odd is that only those two were using that "feature" the driver side did not do this even though it was used during the drive last night.

Mine started doing this about a month ago. Its really irritating.

I notice that when I exit the car, all the windows roll down about a quarter of an inch. Thats not so bad.

Whats really bad is that when I next get into the car and enter my pin, all the windows automatically, simultaneously, forcefully, and noisely, slam fully shut. If you're not expecting it, its quite startling. So now, every morning, I get the bejebes scared out of me when I start the car.

Not good, Tesla!

Mine started doing this about a month ago. Its really irritating.

I notice that when I exit the car, all the windows roll down about a quarter of an inch. Thats not so bad.

Whats really bad is that when I next get into the car and enter my pin, all the windows automatically, simultaneously, forcefully, and noisely, slam fully shut. If you're not expecting it, its quite startling. So now, every morning, I get the bejebes scared out of me when I start the car.

Not good, Tesla!
Not really. It is actually very good for the window and door. If you get scared of the window closing sound. I don't know what to tell you.
I will be scared if all the window doesn't roll up and close shut when I get in the car.

Reactions: richyrich