TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

All 50 States in an electric car

Discussion in 'North America -' started by Fritts, May 31, 2016.

1. Fritts

Fritts Member

Does anyone recommend a blog website? I'd like to start a blog. In 2014, Lita and I became the first to drive everwhere in the US in an electric car. In 2015, Peter from Hawaii and his dog, Iceman, became the second. Now, it's 2016, and to the best of my knowledge, no one else has picked up the mantle and is brave enough to do it, so I'll be doing it again. This time with an added catch, without spending any money. To demonstrate the lack of cost and ease of cross country travel in an electric vehicle, I'll just bring a cooler of food, some dry goods, and off I'll go.

• Like x 1
  2. Fritts

Fritts Member

3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    I envy you the experience. I did 48 states in an ICE decades ago. I want to do it with my Tesla but I no longer have the stamina. Good luck!

• Like x 1
  4. Fritts

Fritts Member

Thanks! Here's today's blog. Hitchhiker

5. Fritts

Fritts Member

Note: Peter, the man who made the trip in 2015, is known on the forum as "Papafox"

6. Fritts

Fritts Member

here's some pics from the first ever tour of all 50 states in an electric vehicle, back in 2014. litalovestotravel.tumblr.com

7. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Bighorn is making a move up the supercharger leaderboard. You're on the Wiki with 90 but I bet you've got a bunch more. If you list 'em, I'll add 'em. Would love to see you in the century club and even on top.
    We had other vacation plans this year so a cross country trip isn't in the works. But I'm really jealous and wish you the best.
    Hope you have a blast!

8. Fritts

Fritts Member

Thanks Bighorn! Ya, for sure I'm in the century club now. I'll take an inventory and let you know about the additional ones, and a couple times over the course of the trip. I really appreciate that you added me to the Wiki.

9. Fritts

Fritts Member

10. Fritts

Fritts Member

I submitted this pic to twitter account @jaylenosgarage teslavolcano.jpeg
    I noted that it was at the end of the first ever 50 state electric drive.

Leno is having a contest for the most original/creative pic of someone's car, with the prize being an expenses paid trip for two to the Monterey car show in August and possible appearance on his show "Jay Leno's garage". He retweeted the pic (which isn't normally done for contest entries) so I think I have a shot. :) It'd be great publicity for the electric revolution!

• Love x 1
  11. Fritts

Fritts Member

correction, the twitter account is @lenosgarage.