Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Autopilot Features Disabled - Will Not Clear! :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Has anyone run into this before? I lost all of my Autopilot and Self Driving capabilities shortly after I drove the car out of the lot. I did a soft and a hard reset and nothing seems to work. I have an appointment setup with a Remote Technician to try and resolve the issue but wanted to ask the community to see if they've ever run into this before.

The car is driving like a normal ICE vehicle at this time since just about all of the features are not working. :confused:

20210912_092027.jpg

It's not just autopilot... stability and traction control are disabled. Unless you're a good pilot, that could be dangerous with as much torque (read: easy spinout). You probably have an important sensor unplugged, like one of the wheel's abs sensor for example. Strongly suggest not driving far and getting it checked asap.

Reactions: Jinuyr
It's not just autopilot... stability and traction control are disabled. Unless you're a good pilot, that could be dangerous with as much torque (read: easy spinout). You probably have an important sensor unplugged, like one of the wheel's abs sensor for example. Strongly suggest not driving far and getting it checked asap.
Thanks! That's great to know. Thankfully the amount of driving the car is having is very minimal until everything is repaired.

I had something similar - a rock hit one of the ultrasonic transmitters in front and broke it. Mobile tech came out (took about 2 weeks for him to fix), replaced it and everything worked. It is ok to drive but a pain because regen braking doesn't work (have to press a lot harder than normal to brake) and AP didn't work which I use a lot. Unless you're really aggressively driving it, traction control shouldn't activate either.

I posted in another forum as I didn't find this when searching. See here...

Ultimately it seems you can turn off sentry, disconnect phones, in the menu of the car press turn off car and walk away for about 20-30 minutes and it solved it for me. It did however come back again. Maybe software, idk.

Did your happen at a specific time or event? Both time I was going through a construction zone.

Reactions: Jinuyr
Spoke to the Mobile Service Technician today... They believe it's a wheel alignment issue so I'm headed over there tomorrow to get it done by a place they recommended and will reimburse me for it after the fact.

I had a similar set of errors on a newly delivered MYLR last week. Took it in for service. The alignment was off. They also checked the tire speed sensors which can be the root cause as well.

after service, the car is functioning like it should (and the alignment is now fixed 😁)
Hi, these safety feature disable happen to my model 3. I sent the car to service for alignment & sensor checked but the problem still there & happens more often. Now my car are at service center for more than a week, hope they can fix it