TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All cars at the International Centre will have the Front License Affixed

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pmich80, Jun 4, 2018.

1. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

I'm assuming to avoid confusion and to streamline the process, all cars now will have the front license plate put on. I had requested it to be left off but my DA said it's now a requirement that it be put on. I bet they were running into issues when it was placed on when it wasn't supposed to causing customers to be angry.

Although i'm a bit disappointed, if it helps them deliver the cars faster then i'm all for it. It's only using double sided tape so it shouldn't be hard to remove.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Buggle

Buggle Member

I'd say the cops prob had a word with them.

3. akidesir

akidesir Member

Took quite a bit of strength to remove the front license plate holder. A few things to help, remove the four screws and remove the actual plate before pulling hard on the plastic holder. The amount of strength you'll use to remove the license plate holder will bend your plate a bit. Once removed, use some Goo Gone or other adhesive remover to get rid of the stickiness.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  4. trevorc

trevorc Member

They actually told me this at my delivery. Apparently some people who opted out and had early deliveries weren’t putting their plate on within 7 days (which I guess was part of the deal).

5. Veedio

Veedio Member

That’s unfortunate as I’m booked for PPF two days after delivery.

6. yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog Member

Would heat help it come off easier?

7. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I've just accepted this and already cancelled my order for my plate mount. I'll use that money to buy something else for it.

• Like x 1
  8. johndorian

johndorian Member

Confirmed, picked up today and every car there had front plate holder on already.

9. akidesir

akidesir Member

Heat would help, but the main thing is don't be scared just slowly pull hard from one side to the other. You might damage some of the plastic of the black license plate holder due to the strength of the adhesive, but there was no damage to the vehicle, nor any paint cracking issues.

• Like x 1
  10. Bluewish

Bluewish Member

I think it's all about quicker delivery. They used to have the front license in frunk and then ask the owner on spot if they want it to be installed or not. If yes, it takes a technician 10-15 min to put it on. If no, the owner signs a form and take the plate.

11. RedM3

RedM3 Member

First thing I did was removed the bracket when I got back home. Was easy to remove with a hair dryer pointed at the adhesive.

• Like x 1
  12. DekiTM3

DekiTM3 Member

not happy about this....

13. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Leave the car with sun on the front for an hour. Hair dryer under the edge as you pull carefully. I’ll probably just leave mine on until PPF early July and then reattach.

14. Cory_YXU

Cory_YXU Member

They had these installed on Saturday. I was adamant about it not being installed, provided a copy of my order for a bracket and they left it off for me.

15. 3MM3

3MM3 Member

Thanks Cory, that's great news, as my bracket is actually here in hand. Glad to hear that they're responsive if you can show that you have the intention of putting on the front plate.