Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All December Delivery Slots Almost Filled? Tysons Corner-Tyco Road Delivery Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got this weird text from Tesla about 3 hours ago:

+++++++++
The Tysons Corner-Tyco Road Delivery Center has filled nearly all planned December delivery slots for custom Model 3 orders. Because you have not completed key delivery tasks in your Tesla Account, you are at risk of not receiving a factory production slot for your Model 3 before the end of the year. As a reminder, the Federal Tax Credit drops to zero as of 1/1/2020. Please complete all outstanding tasks at tesla.com/teslaaccount in the next 72 hours.
+++++++++

The thing is, I've had all of my info completed for a while. I would reach out to an SA, but I have been completely unable to get in touch with anyone and no one has reached out to me since I placed a reservation on 10/31.

Did anyone else get this text who was able to ask a SA for clarification??

Call your delivery center. I found people more helpful there than my SA. they will be able to go into your account and check what is missing and help you fill it in.

^^^ Agree. The delivery center peeps are much more reliable than my SA. I’m sure each customer here has had their good experiences but mine totally vanished after placing my order and stopped replying to me so I just call the delivery centers lol.

^^^ Agree. The delivery center peeps are much more reliable than my SA. I’m sure each customer here has had their good experiences but mine totally vanished after placing my order and stopped replying to me so I just call the delivery centers lol.

This will probably swap very soon if not now. As the tax credit(both EV and right-offs for business) are no longer in play for end of year purchases, I imagine the SA's will have much fewer people contacting them and trying to buy a car for year end delivery, and the Delivery Centers(already) are getting hammered trying to contact those people they have cars for, or are trying to schedule deliveries for.

Reactions: justin.jdl
Update: I was able to get a hold of someone this morning and apparently it was an issue where my current vehicle's title for the trade in didn't get properly uploaded (even though my account showed that section as completed). They cleared out something on their end and had me re-upload it, and apparently now I'm good.

FYI I was also told that if I change my mind and want to sell privately, it's much easier for them to remove the accepted trade in at delivery (and have me write a check for the difference) rather than for me to say now that I don't want to trade in, and then request them to add it in at delivery.

Thanks for the info everyone!

I got the exact text from one of the Chicago centers and had similar problems getting anybody to respond to anything. I don’t have a trade but it appears that my insurance info and my finance info was wiped somehow so I had to reload it. The area manager told me that some accounts “got lost” and her was checking into it.