Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
upload_2021-2-24_14-7-45.png

Lucid Master Plan includes competitors to S3XY plus Cybertruck.

Yep, Everybody has a plan. Until they get punched in the Mouth.

Not buying CCIV anytime soon since I can get XPEV for much cheaper. Lucid is in a tougher market than XPEV and the market cap is 45B vs 27.6B. I do think Lucid has better drive train.
I think they are being a bit disingenuous in their presentations. The compare their future tech with Tesla’s old tech. Imo they should compare it to compare it to Tesla’s lastest tech.

The main reason they get decent performance is that the car is much smaller than Model S. When they are finally ramping it to meaningful volumes the performance will not look that great anymore.

What Tesla did was hard. And Tesla was lucky that they didn’t have any meaningful competition during the process. It will be so much harder to replicate what Tesla did with Tesla@2022-2030 as competition.

Reactions: DonaldBecker
Interesting that they announce the delay for deliveries just after they announce the SPAC deal... Apparently quality wasn't up to par?

The closer the company is to becoming a public company, the more candid they must become.

Normally the IPO process requires the company to undergo an audit and reveal accurate information and risk factors in the prospectus, easing them into the requirements of being a public company. A SPAC is a shortcut in many respects, but it doesn't remove the ultimate requirement for disclosure.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Warren calling fraud.

His biggest justification for calling Lucid a fraud is because Lucid is delaying first deliveries 3-9 months. That is soooo stupid I couldn't keep watching the video.

How long did Tesla delay Roadster 1.0/2.0 deliveries? Model S deliveries? Getting to 10k Model 3s per week? Tesla Semi first deliveries?

The main reason they get decent performance is that the car is much smaller than Model S. When they are finally ramping it to meaningful volumes the performance will not look that great anymore.

What Tesla did was hard. And Tesla was lucky that they didn’t have any meaningful competition during the process. It will be so much harder to replicate what Tesla did with Tesla@2022-2030 as competition.

Versus the Lucid Air?

Air is .1" shorter and 1" narrower.

Tesla didn't have competition. Tesla also didn't have the CCS Network. Tesla didn't have the public acceptance of BEVs as it is today. Today people are willing to accept a BEV can be worth $200k and get good resale value.

Tesla had to beg Panasonic to restart 16850 lines. Today LG Energy Solutions, Samsung SDI,CATL,Panasonic among others are investing in expanding EV worthy/specific battery cells.

Tesla engineered the Tesla connector because it had to. CCS could not agree on a 90+kWh standard. The BEV supply chain is much deeper and wider today.

Warren calling fraud.

It took four minutes for me to switch my opinion from "scammy, unfair to public investors, but not legally a fraud" to "they had an obligation to disclose relevant information they certainly learned during the due diligence process". A SPAC lets you hide lots of dirty laundry about the acquired company, but doesn't relieve the SPAC from disclosing relevant information.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Another BTW.

Peter asserts that the measure of an electric automobile manufactures technology is efficiency in the measure of miles per kWh.

Lucid's most efficient Air gets 517 miles from 113 kWh or 4.58 miles per kWh.

Tesla doesn't disclose the size of its batteries anymore.

Is the long range getting 412 miles from 100 kWh?

Is the Plaid Plus getting 520 miles from 100 kWh? 115 kWh? 130 kWh?

His biggest justification for calling Lucid a fraud is because Lucid is delaying first deliveries 3-9 months. That is soooo stupid I couldn't keep watching the video.

How long did Tesla delay Roadster 1.0/2.0 deliveries? Model S deliveries? Getting to 10k Model 3s per week? Tesla Semi first deliveries?
There was a lot more in there.
Top heavy on executives for a company with no sales.
Revenue on sales based on ASP higher than Model S Plaid but somehow getting higher sales than S&X in the 100k+ market with a new car at a new brand.
Cash burn rate would go through available cash in less than two years.
Order book is not very large, in the 1,000s not 100,000 or 1m.
2021 sales push back was just the tip.

What was TSLA market cap when they had roadster and Model S delays? What was their production at that time?

Gali’s take was just as brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmacelf
BTW With regards to Warren calling Lucid a fraud for not publicly disclosing material information: Lucid is not a public company.

When the merger is made official then it becomes a public company with all the responsibilities that entails.

CCIV is a public company. When it did its due diligence on Lucid, it learned material information that it failed to disclose.