Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of sites jumped the gun on an embargo about the Lucid Air EPA rating. The articles were removed, but according to reddit these are the official numbers:

Capture.PNG

Are those ranges specified not good? I guess I am missing your point.
Tesla gets raked over the coals if they report the highest range but then adding that the performance model with high-performance wheels have a lower range. This chart shows exactly the same thing for this car too but the headlines will always somehow report the highest range and the highest performance as an equivalency.

Tesla gets raked over the coals if they report the highest range but then adding that the performance model with high-performance wheels have a lower range. This chart shows exactly the same thing for this car too but the headlines will always somehow report the highest range and the highest performance as an equivalency.

Lucid promised 517 EPA miles and 2.5 seconds 0-60

They delivered 520 EPA miles and 2.7 seconds 0-60 or

471 EPA miles and 2.5 0-60

Rake over coals if you wish. 🧑‍🚒

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari

I've seen a TON of FUD over the years, and have probably spent too much time fighting it on various forums and article discussions - but the range of their performance vehicles vs epa rating is not one I've seen. Can you post an example of what you're talking about?

Did Lucid ever officially confirm the battery size? Are these getting those ranges from something like a 150kwh pack or are they just hyper efficient? I guess we will learn sometime next year when they are supposed to start production?
113 kWh Pack. They did a good job with efficiency, now they have to make them...

Did Lucid ever officially confirm the battery size? Are these getting those ranges from something like a 150kwh pack or are they just hyper efficient? I guess we will learn sometime next year when they are supposed to start production?
First, it's a smaller car (smaller frontal area) so lower drag at the expense of less roominess in the cabin.

For comparison:
Lucid Air: 195.9"L x 76.3"W x 55.5"H
Plaid: 196"L x 77"W x 57"H

Battery maxes at 113 kWh.

Reactions: replicant and mltv