Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the feeling he, his friends, and family are going to be generous with a lot of politicians and media types...

$75m of shares sold days before being indicted. Either the trigger or he got a heads up and wanted some cash out for defence etc.

he is still the largest shareholder.

I imagine that is his defense that he was not dumping and running, but I still expect an emergency court order to freeze his assets -- wife or not.

After that headfake with the massive $2MM lifeline (1/4-lb test line) , the stock currently is trading as low as sub-$9.50. I believe this represents an all-time low…except there’s always tomorrow…

After that headfake with the massive $2MM lifeline (1/4-lb test line) , the stock currently is trading as low as sub-$9.50. I believe this represents an all-time low…except there’s always tomorrow…
You mean the market has finally figured out that it might be worth less than the initial $10 SPAC offering after they have spent a bunch of money and granted stock awards? :eek:

Reactions: transpondster
NKLA is a scam and a fraud, but there are also lessons to learn from that company.

There is a common opinion in the USA (and maybe elsewhere) that an enterprising and skilled entrepreneur can pull together tech invented, developed, and industrialized elsewhere into a novel product or service that takes the market. It started with resellers of Asian made goods and then a heyday of 'assembled in the USA' companies flourished.

NKLA is the extreme of that attitude: let GM build the drivetrain, let one of the European truck companies build the chassis, let someone else build the hydrogen making machine .... NKLA will pull it all together and become the greatest integrator there ever was.

When NKLA is buried and forgotten, the market will still be awash with dreamy eyed integrators and a slick pitch.

NKLA is a scam and a fraud, but there are also lessons to learn from that company.

There is a common opinion in the USA (and maybe elsewhere) that an enterprising and skilled entrepreneur can pull together tech invented, developed, and industrialized elsewhere into a novel product or service that takes the market. It started with resellers of Asian made goods and then a heyday of 'assembled in the USA' companies flourished.

NKLA is the extreme of that attitude: let GM build the drivetrain, let one of the European truck companies build the chassis, let someone else build the hydrogen making machine .... NKLA will pull it all together and become the greatest integrator there ever was.

When NKLA is buried and forgotten, the market will still be awash with dreamy eyed integrators and a slick pitch.
Seems like analysts still enamor with integrator like Fisker. Though I think the are more legit than Nikola, they just do the design and let other companies build their product. I'm not sure how many tech are their own.