Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1665691654706.png

Fell into the wrong grammatical tense.....i am using this from now on!!!

some funny closing arguments from the defense :)

1665695976984.png

Imagine the nightmare to have his life hang in the balance, because of a word choice he made....i guess when he said "I am the only person that can out-Elon Elon", he forgot to mention when.

It really is a totally foreign mindset at work with these guys... like, if you engage in a bunch of fraud, and get billions of dollars.... leave.

Everyone gets caught with this stuff eventually, and billions is orders of magnitude more than you need to live the rest of your life in a mansion staffed by supermodels in a non-extradition country.

But no, they keep hanging around because it's feeding their ego and they all end up dead or in federal PMITA prison.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Any bets? This guy would not see a day in prison. He would perhaps a fine less 10th of what he gained out of stock options he sold so far.
I'd take that bet. The people he deceived will sue him in civil court for their losses, and I'm pretty sure that's more than he gained from his stock options, since he used some of that money to buy back IN!! The fraud case is a criminal case, and will not be settled with a simple fine.

FYI- Stewart was only convicted on charges of conspiracy to obstruct, of obstruction of an agency proceeding, and of making false statements to federal investigators...not securities fraud.

She was a couple people removed from the actual insider trading (basically her broker found out the execs were going to be selling off ahead of a bad FDA decision, and the broker (not themselves a company insider but privy to inside info) told Stewart to sell, which she did, and then she lied/obstructed during the investigation....

She was initially charged with securities fraud but the judge tossed that out, finding no reasonable jury could find her guilty of that given the circumstances.

As is often the case, it's not the actual thing you did that puts you in jail, it's the coverup.

(Obviously not the case with Madoff and Milton though)

We are an early stage company with a history of losses, expect to incur significant expenses and continuing losses for the foreseeable future, and there is substantial doubt that we will have sufficient funds to satisfy our obligations through the next 12 months from the date of this report

I disagree. I think there is little doubt. :)