Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh boy...

1659479369383.png

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Curious if anyone has looked into Nikola's current doings - their web page is outdated.. What products are they really planning to produce - or are they just using the name for branding other companies' products?
I looked up Romeo Power, looks like a legit outfit, except that in their leaders listing none are techs - so are they doing an imitation 2170 Tesla battery pack - my guts tell me this is for building up /salvaging Nikola's upcoming semi.

Reason for the interest, would be a good candidate to short ... at the right moment.

Curious if anyone has looked into Nikola's current doings - their web page is outdated.. What products are they really planning to produce - or are they just using the name for branding other companies' products?
I looked up Romeo Power, looks like a legit outfit, except that in their leaders listing none are techs - so are they doing an imitation 2170 Tesla battery pack - my guts tell me this is for building up /salvaging Nikola's upcoming semi.

Reason for the interest, would be a good candidate to short ... at the right moment.

Time to short NKLA was 2 years ago. But it would have taken a while to pay out. That’s the problem with shorting, it costs money to hold onto the short. Personally, I never short, but NKLA two years ago sure was testing my resolve.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus
Time to short NKLA was 2 years ago. But it would have taken a while to pay out. That’s the problem with shorting, it costs money to hold onto the short. Personally, I never short, but NKLA two years ago sure was testing my resolve.
I was thinking of buying a put -at the right time, possibly when the Semi comes out - seems like NKLA's plan is to fool people*, though a little better than Trevor M, cash in for as long as possible, aka till it eventually implodes. Maybe I'm being fooled seeing Lucid's 10% plunge AH today after their 2Q earnings report

(*) They bought Romeo Power in an all stock transaction - Romeo is their main purveyor of batteries.

I was thinking of buying a put -at the right time, possibly when the Semi comes out - seems like NKLA's plan is to fool people*, though a little better than Trevor M, cash in for as long as possible, aka till it eventually implodes. Maybe I'm being fooled seeing Lucid's 10% plunge AH today after their 2Q earnings report

(*) They bought Romeo Power in an all stock transaction - Romeo is their main purveyor of batteries.

Well, Romeo wasn’t exactly a powerhouse of a business either. Romeo wouldn’t have merged if they had had better options.

Romeo was on the verge of bankruptcy, and Nikola was basically forced to bail them out. They still have some time before Proterra will be supplying packs.

Nikola isn't a good stock to try to time, because most retail investors still around aren't looking at the company rationally.

Full disclosure: I have made money with NKLA puts, I have been a Nikola naysayer from when they announced the NG Turbine semi, I do not support H2 in the transportation sector.

Romeo was on the verge of bankruptcy, and Nikola was basically forced to bail them out. They still have some time before Proterra will be supplying packs.

Nikola isn't a good stock to try to time, because most retail investors still around aren't looking at the company rationally.

Full disclosure: I have made money with NKLA puts, I have been a Nikola naysayer from when they announced the NG Turbine semi, I do not support H2 in the transportation sector.

Interesting - wondering who the main stock owners are: really believing in the economic future of H2 vs wind/ solar (and nuclear short term), retail investors or companies beholden to the oil & gas /financial industry trying to confuse the public at large with NKLA as an alternative to Tesla's semi.
So far (post Trevor M & GM debacle) it seems to be working judging by the way NKLA moves sort of in tandem w/ TSLA.

Eventually the jig will be up, and yes, timing is going to be hard to do properly. Well, the fact Nikola hasn't gone bankrupt yet has been a puzzle for me.
Are some stock holders trying to salvage the situation (their investment) - this is mind boggling.

NKLA-NIO.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
Reactions: CLK350
Reactions: winfield100
I mean..in all honesty...what did he really accomplish? He kept NKLA afloat for another capital raise? Made empty promises and did not deliver? I guess he's no better than Trevor M., just on a smaller scale of BS.

I didn't mean to imply he did anything great, tho impressed Nikola didn't crater out of existence - and apparently even *delivered* 50 or so Tre EV semis ...
Getting H2 powered semis in (real) development probably got him $ from the oil & gas, even tho we all know it's at most a very niche product.

Excellent move on his part too to leave *before* the Tesla Semi hit its stride :D

I didn't mean to imply he did anything great, tho impressed Nikola didn't crater out of existence - and apparently even *delivered* 50 or so Tre EV semis ...
Getting H2 powered semis in (real) development probably got him $ from the oil & gas, even tho we all know it's at most a very niche product.

Excellent move on his part too to leave *before* the Tesla Semi hit its stride :D
I would leave too with my millions.....not too shabby for 1+years of doing nothing.

Reactions: CLK350