Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a lot of typos on the site as well. Repeated words, incorrect spellings...Already emailed two of them to them, and just found another.

Maybe I'm just a hard-ass, but for a car company website...maybe they need to fire their current proofreader :).

The website is just barely working for me, so I'll have to give up and look at it in more detail some other time. They should use a web server that can scale with the traffic.

I'm curious about the links to pages on the previous version of the site. Seems a lot of those links are broken now. They should try to find a way to map them to the updated version of the same information. Not just for us (TMC) but all the blogs that have linked to Tesla for the past couple years.

9085458637.png

Always amazes me when the site for big companies use crappy opensource frameworks. Anywho, not the visual redesign I was hoping for, but let me digest these pics and articles first
I always thought Drupal in it's later iterations is an example of a GOOD open source framework. :)
I've used that myself and it's easy to expand and modify and creates decent HTML code.

Cobos

I empathize with this comment on ABG:

skierpage
6:05pm (7/01/2010)

Aggh, the MILLIONS of links to Tesla's informative pages and blog posts on well-to-wheel efficiency, battery choices, charging, etc. are now broken, unless you take the time to paste them into the Internet Archive's Wayback machine.

Tesla, with aliases and mod_rewrite rules there's no reason old links have to break. I hope you resuscitate them all.

Using Firefox, there is a pop-up on the bottom to pick region.
It defaulted to UK for me for some reason, so I changed it to USA to see prices in $ and US color choices. I then tried to change it to Europe, got this message: "You are now browsing the Europe version of the site." but the site remains in USA mode with $ prices and US color choices.

Seems like there might be a problem with that region picker, possibly specific to Firefox.

They accidentally sent me the link to the new site the other day. :eek:

I had to promise to be good and not publish anything.

I notice that the galley now includes customer images that were once only for owners to look at. I wonder if they asked everyone for public posting?

There seem to be all sort of 'odd' things going on with the new site.

On some browsers I get a popup in the lower right saying "Fonts from" that can partially cover the region pop-up. If I click on it it redirects me to http://typekit.com/colophons/nkf3plp
attachment.php?attachmentid=743&stc=1&d=1278086470.jpg

If you use the Roadster buy online link when you click "Continue" (to the second page) the details change, for instance a Roadster order can change to a Model S order, and the contact info can change to someone else's contact info. It is like it is pulling up details from someone else's order.

Hopefully they get this all sorted out soon.

Attachments

• fontsfrom.jpg
    fontsfrom.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 481
Anyone know if the owners' forum is gone for ever? It would be a shame as it had useful info on it that I reference from time to time.

I fully agree! As a relatively new owner, the owners section was not only full of very valuable info, it was part of what made me feel like I'd been welcomed as an insider to the Tesla family. Hmmm... growth pains, perhaps, but I hope it's not a harbinger of a change in their customer service focus now that they are a public company.