Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors is temporarily offline for maintenance

The Tesla Lending (finance with Tesla) option is gone?
View attachment 109935

Shows for me:

ff59c67c9f86270be05974d1caaa9524.jpg

I think there are certain states where they can't broker the lending.

"My Profile" is also gone from the Tesla website. That's where you set your screen name for use in the forum. That option is no longer there. There are a couple of pages that still have the "forums" link on them, but that link just takes you to the home page. The link in "My Tesla" is gone.

From the look of it, it would appear that Tesla has exited the forum game. Can't say that I blame them. Sadly, while forums can be very useful for answering legitimate questions, there are MANY bozos that chose to use it to bash people while hiding behind the security of their computer screen. Many needlessly complain and complain and complain. Looks like Tesla finally had enough and decided not to promote bad press on its own site. Likely feeling that the bad was more than outweighing the good.

Naturally there will always be other forums such as this one. Just looks like Tesla isn't going to have all the negativity on their own website.

The My Tesla page has significantly changed, and perhaps not for the better. It has lost track of my car's name, for one thing.

I'd really like to see a web app version of the phone app appear on the My Tesla page. Wouldn't that make a lot of sense? Since Tesla chased off the Chrome app, there has been no way to peek without pulling out one's phone.

They said it would be down for maintenance, so that's no surprise. The other My Tesla changes are another story. They finally added 7.1 release notes, and left 6.0 release notes, and all older ones are still gone. They no longer have a link for signing up for any sort of service plan. They don't recognize any previously existing user uploaded documents as such, and don't give me a way of removing them. One of the guides that they added around 1/16 is now gone. I don't remember what it was called and would have saved it if I had realized it would have disappeared.

There had actually been a more subtle design change to My Tesla about a week earlier, and one thing that went away is back, so there's no reason to believe that what we see now is necessarily what we will see a week from now.

@Haggy - In my car's profile the uploaded documents are listed under "All Documents" but do not show up under "Uploads". Who knows why. I believe the new "Operating Model S" guide is the one you are referring to that is no longer listed. I snagged a copy so if you need it let me know. But I bet is will re-appear in a few days.

I feel like a refugee - having to hang out here in TMC land instead the Tesla forums...

Did the MyTesla section have release notes before? Can't remember but I thought not. However, it now does. And in the 7.1 release notes, it specifies that Summon is not 'yet' available in certain countries (Canada in my case) for regulatory reasons. For those of us who had been speculating as to why this was, we now have an answer. There was not that level of details in the car's release notes.

I visited the "official" forums as well as TMC for a few weeks after joining here, but that soon went away.

These forums are so much more well informed, more civil, just better in every way. Tesla would be well served learning how to communicate with it's customers as well as this site does.

Linking to TMC would be the smartest thing Tesla has done in a long time... :smile: