Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So whats the verdict... better / worse / same? Content gone, or did it carry over? Since you are so tight lipped about it, guess i'm going to have to check them out ;-).

Much worse. They started using a service called Mollom that's supposed to keep out spam. Instead, it keeps out posts. The FAQ for Mollom says they will reject a post only if they are 100% sure. The problem is that they reject posts when they are 100% wrong. The new forum no longer lets people flag individual replies, so there's no way for users to get rid of spam or offensive comments. Many of the spam messages were in Chinese and I doubt that Mollum's smart algorithms even understand Chinese.

The bottom line is that legitimate posts might not get though, it might be too frustrating to use since there's no way to guess why your post was blocked, and actual spam and offensive comments might increase.

The contents did carry over, but not necessarily the formatting, so for example if quoted text had been shown in italics, there's now no way of knowing what was being quoted and what is the reply.

I can no longer get into My Tesla. It worked up until the event (I was checking every half hour to see if my RN had showed up - reserved Model 3 in store yesterday). I put in my details and log in and it just takes me back to the front page. Once logged in, clicking My Tesla again simply redicrects back to homepage.

Anyone else have this?
Teslamotors.co.uk and Teslamotors.de now also redirect to the US site.