Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ugh... down again.

Attachments

• Tesla_Motors_Premium_Electric_Vehicles_-_2017-06-10_09.28.52.png
    Tesla_Motors_Premium_Electric_Vehicles_-_2017-06-10_09.28.52.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 149
@mycroftxxx, Really disagree? Okay, why is it?
Not that I owe you an explanation for the downvote, but OK, in the spirit of improving communications, I’ll play...:cool:

I don’t know what’s going on with the Tesla forums, but your response provided no new information - doesn’t take a rocket surgeon ;) to speculate about a backlog due to the shutdown. Useful information would have been something like:
  • “Wow, first I heard of this problem; I was able to register just fine XX weeks/months ago by sending the email.”
  • “Same thing happened to me! Not solved yet.”
  • “Me too, but I reached out to Tesla Support using email support option X and it was cleared up in a couple of days.”
  • Etc.
So I’ll repeat my request in a slightly different way: Any new owners having trouble getting validated for the Tesla Forums? I know they’re probably not as useful as TMC :D but I’d like to have the option to post there if needed. I’ve sent the Tesla forum admins the requested email three times now in the last three weeks with no joy, so if you’ve successfully registered (or not) with the Tesla forums lately, I’d be interested in your experience. Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
My experience has been when there's been no world wide crisis interfering with everything. It was handled in a couple of days. All your examples of useful information didn't help were in fact not useful. Those are comments that offered no explanation.

I guess you haven't read much on the Tesla forums, else you would know the problem occurs anytime there's a quarterly or year end push because there's a lot of registrations.

Multiple - duplicate copies of the same request are not going to help them process requests. Its not just new cars sold, its used cars sold by Tesla, and between private sales, and anyplace else. So when everyone is impatient and sends triple times, that's wasted time checking if its been process already - in line in front of yours.

I stopped going to the Tesla Forum website. I felt that too many people were making a career out of it, and too many were bullying or being rude to new posters. A few turf wars here and there too, but that was a couple of years ago. I don't have any desire to go back there.

You can post within an estsblished thread, just not start your own, so there are work arounds to getting questions addressed.
Actually, I can't. I read a post, but have zero options to reply or do anything except read. I click on the "Login" button, it takes me back to my Tesla Account page where...I'm already logged in. I click on the "Register" button, and I get a new blank page. Maybe I need to contact Tesla support.

"I click on the "Login" button, it takes me back to my Tesla Account page where...I'm already logged in."

We have that too. No explanation for why. But happens to us also. We simply logoff and select a saved link back to the forum, then when it offers a Login screen, we login again. Happens once daily. No a big deal. Just do what it says. But no need to Register again.

Last edited:
I stopped going to the Tesla Forum website. I felt that too many people were making a career out of it, and too many were bullying or being rude to new posters. A few turf wars here and there too, but that was a couple of years ago. I don't have any desire to go back there.

I quit going there because 1. The layout was harder to read; and 2. I feel I'm getting better and more reliable information here. :)