Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised there isn't more comment on the fact that the Tesla Motors forum site is unavailable. Been that way since the event last night, but would think things have settled enoough to be restarted. Again, communication is obviously not a priority in Fremont.

Maybe as suggested they are keeping it down due to the volume of traffic on the site overall and they are prioritizing the money making side of their business which is the ordering pages.

Maybe as suggested they are keeping it down due to the volume of traffic on the site overall and they are prioritizing the money making side of their business which is the ordering pages.

I can assure you that the TM forums are not hosted on the same server as their core commerce website nor go through the same network channels.

Code:
$host my.teslamotors.com
my.teslamotors.com is an alias for wildcard.teslamotors.com.edgekey.net.
wildcard.teslamotors.com.edgekey.net is an alias for wildcard.teslamotors.com.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net.
wildcard.teslamotors.com.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net is an alias for e7797.x.akamaiedge.net.
e7797.x.akamaiedge.net has address [URL="http://bgp.he.net/ip/23.66.217.109"]23.66.217.109[/URL]

$ host teslamotors.com
teslamotors.com has address [URL="http://bgp.he.net/ip/205.234.27.220"]205.234.27.220[/URL]

Monty Python's Flying Circus: Piranha brothers:
When the Piranhas left school they were called up but were found by an Army Board to be too unstable even for National Service. Denied the opportunity to use their talents in the service of their country, they began to operate what they called 'The Operation'. They would select a victim and then threaten to beat him up if he paid the so-called protection money. Four months later they started another operation which they called 'The Other Operation'. In this racket they selected another victim and threatened not to beat him up if he didn't pay them. One month later they hit upon 'The Other Other Operation'. In this the victim was threatened that if he didn't pay them, they would beat him up. This for the Piranha brothers was the turning point.

I'd been using Chrome for browsing for the last several years, and because of support issues on a couple of sites, I've had to switch, and I started using Firefox. Everything seems fine with the switch except the Teslamotors website. The formatting is awful. If I open it up in chrome it looks fine, but Firefox has fonts in all different sizes and placement of things in strange locations, just all screwed up in the formatting. I'm wondering if it is some setting in my browser or if others have this issue with their site? It seems to be the only site I have this issue with. Strange.

I'd been using Chrome for browsing for the last several years, and because of support issues on a couple of sites, I've had to switch, and I started using Firefox. Everything seems fine with the switch except the Teslamotors website. The formatting is awful. If I open it up in chrome it looks fine, but Firefox has fonts in all different sizes and placement of things in strange locations, just all screwed up in the formatting. I'm wondering if it is some setting in my browser or if others have this issue with their site? It seems to be the only site I have this issue with. Strange.

I have no issues with any browser.

Perhaps the issue is with your Firefox, maybe some add-on or extension causing the problem. Try going into tools, add-ons and install a new theme, see what happens. Keep trying until something works.

I have no issues with any browser.

Perhaps the issue is with Firefox, maybe some add-on extension causing the problem. Try going into tools, add-ons and install a new theme, see what happens.

It's pretty much all default. The only extension I added was omnibar, and there are no themes added, just default. Perhaps I'll try removing it to see what happens, but I cant imagine that that one would cause a formatting issue.

Thanks for confirming that it does work for you with Firefox, at least now I know its something on my machine. Oh, and I'm running Firefox v44, so its very current.