Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Doors Auto-close Un-commanded?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On two occasions now I've had all vehicle doors close up un-commanded while I'm showing people the vehicle with the fob in my pocket. I do have triple click to close-all doors enabled, but there's no way I accidentally hit the button 3-times. I also have walk-away door lock enabled, but

Any idea what's causing this? Is walk-away door lock able to actually close doors?

You want the single click setting off. By having this setting off the doors will only close with triple click instead of single click. I ran into the same issue until I toggled the setting.

Thank you! I misunderstood that setting... I thought that setting enabled triple click to close, but it enables close on lock (single-click). It confused me because I was misreading the comment under the setting that says 'Triple click will always close all doors'. I thought that was explaining what the setting did. I've disabled it now, thanks again.

all doors will close when you walk away. if you just happened to stand back a little further from the car than you intended it will happen.

sometimes it will just close if you are just standing there with nobody inside the car.

all doors will close when you walk away. if you just happened to stand back a little further from the car than you intended it will happen.

sometimes it will just close if you are just standing there with nobody inside the car.
Are you sure? All doors?

I know with auto-present enabled the driver door closes when you walk away. I have not seen the behavior you described.

Last edited:
Reactions: P100DHG.
I had single click enabled initially and can confirm on 2 occasions all doors started closing before we finished exiting the car. Second time FWD came down on my wife's head while she was holding our 1year old. The keys were not in my pocket both times. No more single click for me.

Are you sure? All doors?

I know with auto-present enabled the driver door closes when you walk away. I have not seen the behavior you described.
100% positive. i've tried it myself, but before i even bought the car a tesla sales rep showed us how it worked as well.

have to have the settings adjust to have the doors close when you walk away.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcook4590
100% positive. i've tried it myself, but before i even bought the car a tesla sales rep showed us how it worked as well.

have to have the settings adjust to have the doors close when you walk away.
There is no such setting:

IMG_2217.JPG

Auto-lock on walk away yes, auto-close on walk away no.

Reactions: P100DHG.