Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All driver profiles gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While out and about, came back to M3 today and it told me that it had updated to v11.0 (?) even though it was not connected to wifi. As a result it seems, all driver profiles have completely disappeared. The car is operating as if I'd just picked it up as new i.e all default settings. Incredibly inconvenient. Hard reset did not fix the issue.

Any ideas?

Well I never...

Screenshot_20221228_135532_Tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and boombap
yeah, ditto, what's a cloud profile.

FYI, it deletes absolutely everything except the odometer and, bizarrely, your high scores in games.

It tells you everything you need to know about Musk that he has thought to protect your game scores instead of every setting you and any other driver have tweaked and your driving history for the years you've owned your vehicle.

Insanely short-sighted approach to customers.

Cloud profiles, or Tesla Profiles are driver profiles stored in the cloud, so your settings carry over to any other Tesla vehicle you might drive. As you don’t know what they are, I’m guessing you weren’t using this. I’m taking another guess that if you had been using a Tesla profile then the car would have been able to pull your profile from the cloud and you wouldn’t have lost all your settings? Maybe not so short sighted on Tesla’s part?

er... at the bottom of the article you've linked to, we discover that it has taken the tech giant no fewer than 5 and a half years to implement this from announcing it! I'd call that short sighted considering in that time, we've had all sorts of garbage added to the car which we don't need.

Interestingly, it was approx a week AFTER I'd installed 2022.24 that the profiles got wiped. And the screenshot above of the message that "support" sent me? Seems they've never heard of Tesla Cloud either.

So, how does Tesla Cloud work seeing as in the car, I've got one email address associated with the tesla account and two drivers?

Reactions: mazers