Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All EV Rally, BC 2 BC (Canada 2 Mexico) June 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to enter as a rally competitor, shoot an email to:

[email protected]

Driver name and alternate driver / passenger (if any):

Team name (if any):

Official sponsor(s) (if any):

Address:

email address:

Cell Phone to be used during event:

Year/Make/Model:

License Plate #

Jacket size (neck/sleeve length in inches). May 24, 2013 deadline to get a entry jacket.

Bio for website:

Profile picture with competing car for website:

Last edited:
Tony - for the 2 day-stops that are new to the schedule, I am reading those as 4 hour events that will be happening in those locales. Stuff will be going on on there. As participants, we need to stop by somewhere in that window, and staying longer than a photo is desirable, but that we don't need to be there for the entire 4 hours. Am I reading into those correctly?

For the Portland stop, I'm planning on visiting for at least the first hour, and hopefully the first two hours (roughly 12-2). I'm afraid if I stay later, then I need to change my plans for completing the stage.

Mostly looking for early input as I firm up hotel and charging plans.

Thanks again, and thanks for your effort pulling this together!

Tony - for the 2 day-stops that are new to the schedule, I am reading those as 4 hour events that will be happening in those locales. Stuff will be going on on there. As participants, we need to stop by somewhere in that window, and staying longer than a photo is desirable, but that we don't need to be there for the entire 4 hours. Am I reading into those correctly?

For the Portland stop, I'm planning on visiting for at least the first hour, and hopefully the first two hours (roughly 12-2). I'm afraid if I stay later, then I need to change my plans for completing the stage.

Mostly looking for early input as I firm up hotel and charging plans.

Thanks again, and thanks for your effort pulling this together!

Good points. I tried to make a "window of time" at these day stops (there will be likely one in the Bay Area, too), but they will be optional.

Your rally time will stop for the time you are at the optional stops. You can leave any time.

There's an Research & Development electric plane on display, and this will make a great checkpoint:

Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing
8415 Paine Field Boulevard
Mukilteo, WA 98275
(425) 438-8100
futureofflight.org‎

Also, the CAFE Foundation "first aircraft electric charging station" is at:

EAA 124 Hangar
Santa Rosa Airport
5550 Windsor Road
Windsor, CA 95492

Last edited:
Ooh - picture of EV car in front of EV plane. Me likey!

Question for you Tony - can we expect these various checkpoints to be aware of approximately when we'll be rolling through? Maybe helping out with pictures, and providing an excuse to meet and get to know them better? Like this electric plane - a personal chance to see something like that might be worth the price of doing the Rally for me, all by its lonesome (just because I think the idea of an electric plane is so cool).

Mostly my question right now amounts to - are we on our own as we arrive at each checkpoint, for figuring out where to stage a photo and how to collect said photo, or will these organizations be helping out and saying hello?

Related to that - if you need help making contact with the various Tesla stores, I've been thinking about doing that anyway and can help with that. I was thinking I would probably go through Owner Experience to start - see if there is 1 or 2 phone calls that percolate out to all the stores (rather than calling each store individually to let them know about when I'll be there, and see if I can line up charging).

Or is this all information we'll be getting on 5/24 with the website going live?

Ooh - picture of EV car in front of EV plane. Me likey!

Question for you Tony - can we expect these various checkpoints to be aware of approximately when we'll be rolling through?

Many, no. Some, yes, because they may have a media or other advertising opportunity for EVs. A whole team is working the phone looking for marketing opportunities that get the EV word out there.

Maybe helping out with pictures, and providing an excuse to meet and get to know them better? Like this electric plane - a personal chance to see something like that might be worth the price of doing the Rally for me, all by its lonesome (just because I think the idea of an electric plane is so cool).

All the checkpoints are going to be optional. The advantage to going to each checkpoint will be to get playing cards which will be used for the final poker hand. So, you can go to zero, or all, or something in between. Stage Overnight Points, however, are not optional; you must stop.

Mostly my question right now amounts to - are we on our own as we arrive at each checkpoint, for figuring out where to stage a photo and how to collect said photo, or will these organizations be helping out and saying hello?

Don't expect any checkpoint to help or even know about our event, unless it's specifically posted. For instance, I expect some EV manufacturer dealerships / stores will want to participate.

Related to that - if you need help making contact with the various Tesla stores, I've been thinking about doing that anyway and can help with that.

Hey, all the help and contacts that can be made can only help!!!

I was thinking I would probably go through Owner Experience to start - see if there is 1 or 2 phone calls that percolate out to all the stores (rather than calling each store individually to let them know about when I'll be there, and see if I can line up charging).

I've personally called the two Tesla stores in Seattle and north of Seattle. They are waiting for word from their masters at the Borg to find out what they can do.

Or is this all information we'll be getting on 5/24 with the website going live?

5/24 is just the cutoff for "bling", which is why I need the jacket sizes. Yes, more info is coming and it is shaping up to be way more cool than I could have imagined.

Last edited:
BC2BCLogo2013.jpg

We now have 10 vehicles, and 13 drivers for the rally. They are from British Columbia, Washington state, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Florida. It's no surprise that many of these entries are experienced at long distance electric vehicle travel, and that many of them are Tesla cars!! But, there are those who this might be the first time traveling outside their comfort zone.

The vehicles are:

Zero motorcycle
Tesla Model S
Tesla Roadster
Mitsubishi iMiev
Nissan LEAF
PSIDA Motorcycle
Toyota Rav4 EV Gen II

I expect that we may have a BMW ActiveE, also.

The website is now live @

BC2BC-2013, All Electric Vehicle Rally

My Nissan LEAF forum

My Rav4 forum

Tesla Forum

First 2012 BC2BC solo rally

Last edited: