TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All Glass Roof in Buena Park

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Camera-Cruiser, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Camera-Cruiser

Camera-Cruiser Fully Charged

Swung by the Buena Park SC today after a day in LA and I noticed they had P100Ds on the lot with the new all glass roof. After seeing it in person, I don' t think I would ever order the car any other way. Pretty incredible.

I got to check it out from both the front and back seats too. I blanked on taking photos, but the rear seat passengers will love it. The driver and front passenger will want to find some time to park, recline the front seats, select appropriate music and chill. I think it easily adds much more than $1,500 in value.

The had an all black and pearl white on the lot. An SA told me that the black one was going to go into the service loaner pool. So time to take the car in for service!

IMG_9481.jpg IMG_9482.jpg IMG_9487.jpg

• Informative x 2
  2. Haxster

Haxster Member

I saw one on a red MS in the showroom in San Jose. Impressive piece of glass! Looked very nice...and expensive to replace.

From the inside, the tint looks very dark (at least inside the showroom). From the front seat, there's really not much difference than the sun roof roof. The windshield frame is about the same. It's not like the X, where the windshield extends back behind your head.

It's a different story from the back seat. The crossbeam is gone and there's a continuous, unobstructed view above. I can't say how this experience might be diminished by the tint, but it should be a real treat for the passengers.

Comparing against the sun roof:
    Pros:
    $500 cheaper
    Less risk of wind noise, water leakage, mechanical/electrical issues
    Cleaner look inside and out

Cons:
    No open-air experience
    Aftermarket sun shade may never be available
    A little more heat in the cabin
    Higher cost to replace
    No option to add roof rack

3. Doubletap67

Doubletap67 Member

Thanks for posting this, I'm waiting on my car with the all glass roof and have wondered if it'll be too much glass. Started to get concerned when I read your second sentence, "After seeing it in person, I don't think I would ever order.....".

4. too much vtak

too much vtak what the frunk?!

5. too much vtak

too much vtak what the frunk?!

It's quite amazing!

• Like x 1
  6. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Here's mine. I love it.

Attached Files:

7. DIL

DIL Member

Congrats. Very nice. What is it exactly that you like about it? I'm trying to figure out the appeal...

8. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

It feels more spacious and there is more headroom than a regular roof. I'm not fond of moonroofs because I've had a car with one and in 6 years I may have opened it twice. I thought this would be the best option and I'm very happy I chose it.