Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All glass roof now available on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No roof rack capabilities or the option to open is a "slight" deterrence but definitely a cool option. The cross beam on the pano roof is giant compared to other vehicles with panoramic sunroofs such as the Hyundai Sonata I use to own.

That's an interesting option, but I don't think I'd chose it personally.

Also interesting to note, no roof rack, and no XM radio with that option, plus no opening. the lack of the cross bar is neat, but I don't know about the trade-off. On the bright side, the pricing is appropriate (less than the pano roof, more than body colour)

Tesla is likely to benefit from offering this option. For many, the reason to choose the pano option was for the "open feel" or the added headspace. Owners who choose this roof over the pano will limit Tesla's warranty exposure to pano roof claims. Also, Tesla has the ability to work out the manufacturing and usability issues with this roof prior to the Model 3 release.

I think it's a great option for many. I still open my pano, but not terribly often. Given the (likely) quieter drive, I'd choose the glass roof if I were ordering today.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Given the (likely) quieter drive, I'd choose the glass roof if I were ordering today.
Would it likely be any quieter than a closed pano? I don't see why it would be.

I tend to open the pano on hot days before getting to the car to vent the heat, I don't tend to drive with it. (something I never imagined before having a car with a remote app, but it's one of the most used features of the app for me)

You must have one of the more quiet pano roofs. Mine squeaks with bumps and jiggles and occasionally rattles. I was under the assumption that a lot of them made at least some noise on bumpy roads. Maybe that was my mistake.
Didn't realize it was a common problem, mine's dead quiet. I have heard of people having those issues, but they seem to generally be addressed under warranty.

My pano needs to be fixed every 3 months. Squeaks, creaks, rattles, clicks, clanks, wind noise, etc. Multiple service centers cannot fix it. I'd take the solid glass roof in a second, because I love the look and open feeling in the cabin.

My pano needs to be fixed every 3 months. Squeaks, creaks, rattles, clicks, clanks, wind noise, etc. Multiple service centers cannot fix it. I'd take the solid glass roof in a second, because I love the look and open feeling in the cabin.
Out of curiosity, have they upgraded you to the new model of pano roof? I gather that's the real fix (or if they have, maybe it isn't?)

My pano roof has been trouble free except in the very beginning when I had some extra grease, that's it. early VIN.

I would not want to loose the ability to open the sunroof. We all need our Vitamin D and sometimes just 5 minutes of it open feels so good.
lose.png

Full article at:
10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling - The Oatmeal