TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All-in with Elon Musk

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by gavine, Jan 21, 2015.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I'm a Model S owner, Model X reservation holder, TSLA shareholder and soon to be a SolarCity Customer (waiting for permits).

By the way, if you are thinking about Solar, Tesla will give you a $1,000 check for buying/leasing a system from SolarCity. Also, SolarCity customers can get a discount on the purchase of a Tesla automobile. I guess I'll get that discount on my Model X. I don't know the amount of the discount yet but I will find-out when we order the Model X this summer or whenever the start taking orders.

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

* Offers not available in all areas.

3. WarrenInCA

WarrenInCA Member

My Model S has me sold on Elon. I'm even considering SolarCity for my house. Just hesitant with my tile roof.

4. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

Now you just need to become a Mars colonist. :p

5. gavine

I'd like to die on Mars, just not on impact.....

6. drinkerofkoolaid

drinkerofkoolaid Active Member

#6 drinkerofkoolaid, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Solar City customers receive a discount on a Tesla? Can you elaborate or post a link where it states this? This is the first time I've heard Solar City customers receive a discount on a Tesla.

I remember Lyndon mentioning something about Solar City planning to include free battery storage for every customer within 5-10 years. What type of incentive do people who own a Tesla receive for using Solar City?
    Every SolarCity Customer Will Get Battery Backup Within 5-10 Years
    SolarCitys CTO Peter Rive on Solar Power Plus Energy Storage : Greentech Media
    http://solar.solarcity.com/promotions/tesla/

7. gavine

I'm not sure. My SolarCity rep told me that I will get a discount on my Model X for being a SolarCity customer. She didn't have any details but said I should ask my Tesla salesperson about it. I will when the time comes.

8. ww73

ww73 Member

Looks like it's finally available in my zipcode. The site says "Tesla owners will receive a $1,000 rebate on home charging from SolarCity".We'll see about discounts on the X.

9. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I also ended up all-in. Mutual funds --> cash --> TSLA
    Got Solar City for my home. Bought SpaceX license plate frame holder for my model S :biggrin:
    The Solar City tent at this past years TMC meet mentioned the $1000 rebate to Tesla owners, and I asked if it was retroactive. They said they weren't sure but ask my Solar City rep. I e-mailed him and he responded that he would look into it, but haven't heard anything after (I'm thinking it's not retroactive but was worth a try).

10. TTT

TTT Member

Solar City customer since 2010 and bought MS last year, no discount

11. TTT

TTT Member

I'd like to know more about this discount, this is the response from my DS"Thank you for reaching out. I was unaware of this discounting therefore I asked my regional management and confirmed that this is indeed not the case. SolarCity will give discounting on their solar panels if you are a Model S owner however Tesla does not offer such discounts. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Im also curious about what discount SolarCity will give to Tesla owners. I can't follow up right now but will check tomorrow.

13. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Unluckily :mad:

14. ww73

ww73 Member

Turns out not available in my area. :(

15. TTT

TTT Member