Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All model 3 owners check your indicator lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a burnt out LED turn signal you will not get the quick flashing of the left (or right turn) arrow on your screen as with all ICE cars. I noticed I had a burnt out front turn signal light not working by visually checking the front of the car. The problem is that it can’t be replaced. Tesla service said I have to replace the whole headlight on my 2018 Model 3 with 86,000 km. The cost to replace is $1500 for an LED which probably costs 10 cents. Has anyone else had this problem? Before you say no, visually check. Pretty sad that they are designed this way.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
If you have a burnt out LED turn signal you will not get the quick flashing of the left (or right turn) arrow on your screen as with all ICE cars.
Actually, few cars with LED bulbs do the quick flash these days. It has to do with the problem of sensing the very small current through the bulb on an LED. Plus, they figure that they are not normally going to burn out.