Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Model 3s built since 9/1/2019 have a pedestrian warning speaker installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

My Model S sounds like this already. Been thinking of going in and getting the gear train upgrade.
Sounds for quiet cars should apply to ALL quiet cars, from Rolls and Caddy to Kia or Tesla EVs. Tire noise is noticeable from about 10 mph already, but personally, if you're driving in a parking lot or inside the mall, YOU are responsible for hitting any pedestrian. That's why I go slow and watch everywhere, every direction. I've never hit a pedestrian in 60 years of driving. Don't need no frackin' noisemakers.

This suggestion comes up about every decade and gets shot down routinely. Seems like nobody else needs no frackin' noisemakers, either.

I don't mind the reverse sound but forward just sounds like the HVAC on overdrive.
Hm, for me it's exactly the other way around. The high-pitched component of the reverse sound seems extremely annoying, almost like one of those damn backup beepers (just without pauses). I can already hear all the neighbors backing out of their garages at 6am. :confused: Hopefully it isn't as loud as it sounds in this stream.