Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL MY rear seats now supposed to be misaligned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about rear seat alignment (front-to-back). We were supposed to take delivery at Tyco this past Wednesday of our white/black PUP MY, VIN 24xxx, build date 7/10. Overall the car looked pretty good, but there were some issues that needed to be addressed (door alignment, rear seat alignment, dirty headliner, etc). We previously owned an M3, so we are familiar with Tesla and some of the more common issues people are having. We decided to have them keep the car for a few days to try to fix/address those items, at the suggestion of the delivery manager. He said he didn’t want us to be unhappy with the car and wait several weeks to schedule a service appt. We really appreciated that, and we were willing to wait a few more days. If they couldn’t fix we could turn down delivery. If they could fix, we would take delivery this weekend.

They were able to fix the door alignment issue, which is great. However, after speaking with them today on the phone, we were told that the 60-40 rear seats in “ALL” MY’s are now supposed to be misaligned front to back. The right seat in the most upright position is supposed to sit more forward than the left. We have read at length about the previous fix that helped alignment up and down, but haven’t been able to find much on front to back.

Just wanted to check.. Do everyone’s rear seats do this when pushed all the way upright like they claim? Was anyone else ever told this?

Attachments

• A2E63075-1691-4F06-921E-1CB5975062FF.jpeg
    A2E63075-1691-4F06-921E-1CB5975062FF.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 209
All the way upright my seats do not have this issue. Have you gone back/forth through all the click-stops from full recline to full upright position and see if things line up?
Yes, we tried all the different positions. It is possible to get the seats to line up (front to back), but both seats will never align properly when both all the way up. They only align if the smaller seat is reclined a certain amount.

I seemed really odd that he would try to tell us that ALL MY were now like this. Not sure whether this is reason to demand a fix and/or replacement of the seats. Or whether to just pass on this one and wait for another..

Question about rear seat alignment (front-to-back). We were supposed to take delivery at Tyco this past Wednesday of our white/black PUP MY, VIN 24xxx, build date 7/10. Overall the car looked pretty good, but there were some issues that needed to be addressed (door alignment, rear seat alignment, dirty headliner, etc). We previously owned an M3, so we are familiar with Tesla and some of the more common issues people are having. We decided to have them keep the car for a few days to try to fix/address those items, at the suggestion of the delivery manager. He said he didn’t want us to be unhappy with the car and wait several weeks to schedule a service appt. We really appreciated that, and we were willing to wait a few more days. If they couldn’t fix we could turn down delivery. If they could fix, we would take delivery this weekend.

They were able to fix the door alignment issue, which is great. However, after speaking with them today on the phone, we were told that the 60-40 rear seats in “ALL” MY’s are now supposed to be misaligned front to back. The right seat in the most upright position is supposed to sit more forward than the left. We have read at length about the previous fix that helped alignment up and down, but haven’t been able to find much on front to back.

Just wanted to check.. Do everyone’s rear seats do this when pushed all the way upright like they claim? Was anyone else ever told this?
I was looking at my friend’s Y this week as I am getting ready for mine to arrive. He got his a month ago and his seat looks exactly like this, and was told it was normal and there is no fix. He told me that the only way he has figured out how to get it to stay back is to push it back pretty hard and that seems to get it to lock into place . I told him I would search this forum and see what I can find. Does anyone know if they have found a fix for this ?