Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All New Model S LR Orders Showing Delivery in 2022

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
All new MS LR orders, regardless of wheel size, are showing delivery in Feb-March, 2022 :oops:

This has to be the worst production rollout in the history of the company.

Ramphex

Active Member (Beta)
Jun 9, 2021
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah considering my 19/CF order said June when I ordered and now that config says September or October but my account is blank, pretty much means all unfulfilled orders will probably have the same fate as new orders.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
Yeah considering my 19/CF order said June when I ordered and now that config says September or October but my account is blank, pretty much means all unfulfilled orders will probably have the same fate as new orders.
There is NO WAY I am waiting until 2022 for this car. I don’t care how good it is. I’ll gladly take a Taycan and wait for the Supercharger network to open up.

Reactions: Zaker89 and Ramphex

Ramphex

Active Member (Beta)
Jun 9, 2021
Tampa Bay Area
There is NO WAY I am waiting until 2022 for this car. I don’t care how good it is. I’ll gladly take a Taycan and wait for the Supercharger network to open up.
Aaaand now it says December-January for my config that’s been blank. Pretty sure no car for me until 2022

Reactions: Zaker89

AnmarKhan

Jul 28, 2021
Fresno
I ordered mine end of February. Any of you think that the delay is only for new customers? I hope that the ones that already have orders are not facing these delays.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
Sky high demand means 'worst'? Surely you jest.

It’s not that demand is sky high, it’s that the car isn’t finished yet. As evidenced by the half-baked specimens rolling off the line.

And yes, it’s ”the worst”. Early reservation holders don’t have their vehicles after almost 8 months. The plaid+ was straight up cancelled. No LR’s with 19’s delivered to customers. The yoke and touch controls are being universally panned. All deliveries ”mysteriously” put on hold for 2 weeks.

Let me know, specifically, what you think was good about the launch?

travwill

May 1, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
It’s not that demand is sky high, it’s that the car isn’t finished yet. As evidenced by the half-baked specimens rolling off the line.

And yes, it’s ”the worst”. Early reservation holders don’t have their vehicles after almost 8 months. The plaid+ was straight up cancelled. No LR’s with 19’s delivered to customers. The yoke and touch controls are being universally panned. All deliveries ”mysteriously” put on hold for 2 weeks.

Let me know, specifically, what you think was good about the launch?
Totally agree, horribly botched rollout out itself after multiple delays before it finally started. And here after the start there are lots of concerns; software issues, lack of all features, wheel changes and delays, chip/supply shortages that seem hidden, and overall really poor communication which is the worst part and leads to speculation. This along with the horrid automated estimator online really gives a bad experience to customers.

fldude

Oct 17, 2020
Orlando
FWIW, they do talk about some of their struggles in the earnings call. I'd surmise the hold was due to various validations.

Attachments

• E7TIA-FX0AAWOvr.jpg
    E7TIA-FX0AAWOvr.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: travwill

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC