Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All of My Tesla Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that any of this means anything but just like to keep a log here. Quick little update. Passenger headlight died again for the 3rd or 4th time. Now at 52k miles and they tried to charge $1600 for the light. Denied the charge since it had been replaced numerous times before. Passenger door handle broke today so debating on getting that fixed or just getting an extended warranty since it seems pretty expensive. Really wish there were other fully electric options out there like Tesla with superchargers etc. Since Tesla Cherry Hill bent the door trying to fix wind noise and leaking, the interior door panel is still detached, the window still leaks, there is still significant wind noise, and I have to slam the passenger door shut for it to close. They will not fix it so have given up on that issue.

Ugh

• Informative
Reactions: CarbonFree
I hate that I am so late to the party at this thread because my advice is no longer viable. I use to live in NJ and NJ has an AMAZING Lemon Law (that I used to return my first Lexus). The law says (and I am paraphrasing here) that if your car is in the shop for more than 20 CUMULATIVE days, it is returnable as a lemon, provided you serve the parties wtih Notice in the appropriate ways.

I returned a 2007 Lexus IS350 with about 10k on it after 1 year of ownership after it's 21st day in the shop.

I was given a brand new one within six weeks of making the Lemon application.

Update: 64k miles.
Rear driver side door handle wore out last week, today the driver side front one won't open either (tried the string which we have used before but door doesn't open).
Have had numerous random collision warnings, braking, and autopilot swerving right into oncoming traffic on straight roads with clear lines in the past couple weeks.
Sometimes I go out to the car in the garage and the trunk is open.
Also, every time I charge my car I get an error that says CHG_f081: Unable to charge. The car is charging but at about half its maximum speed. Bringing it in for service at the new Princeton location Monday - hopefully experience is better than Cherry Hill.
Wish I could replace it with a Raven because electric is the only way I would go and I don't like the 3 but my car is just not worth enough that it would cost around $60k.

• Informative
My 16S I had the passenger's DRL lighting dim and yellow on the inside edge. Tesla wanted over $1500 out of warranty so I got one on eBay for $150 and put it in myself. The other side may go soon. If your warranty is about to expire take a look at your DRLs, seems to be a common defect.
IMG_0987.jpg

sorry to hear all your tesla problems.

I would exit the brand, if that much happened to such an expensive car and the vendor left me hanging in such a way as they did to you.

I'm 3 months into my car, really liking it, but my plan is to keep it as long as warranty is valid and then exit quickly after that. maybe not even keep it for full warranty period.

keeping a car for warranty period really affects the total cost of ownership (you have to turn cars over more often than you might want to), but it seems that tesla is not on a good track, service wise, and its only getting worse as time goes on. god knows what it will be like 4 years from now.

I hope I'm wrong.

My 16S I had the passenger's DRL lighting dim and yellow on the inside edge. Tesla wanted over $1500 out of warranty so I got one on eBay for $150 and put it in myself. The other side may go soon. If your warranty is about to expire take a look at your DRLs, seems to be a common defect.
Lol I've had 8 headlight replacements. They have all happened within the parts warranty so I haven't had to pay for anything yet.

Lol I've had 8 headlight replacements. They have all happened within the parts warranty so I haven't had to pay for anything yet.
I've had similar experience at cherry hill. When it goes in for a repair it usually comes back out with something damaged. My most recent visit for a windshield replacement, they dropped a tool on the aluminum trim and dinged it. So they fixed that for free, but sliced my alcantara dash and scratched piano black trim (all while removing dash parts). I dare not try to get those items replaced, who knows what they will break next.

just noticed on my 4 day old Model S, that the hood on the drivers side has an almost ⅜” gap....Passenger side is almost ¼”....gonna go in tomorrow and ask them to fix it....The drivers side allows you to see the bracket from 10 feet....wish me luck.....I have looked at other S’s today and there is no gap.....wish me luck

Just dropped the car off at the Princeton Service Center. They didn't have any loaners and I had to uber home so I am not very happy about that. Hopefully they fix everything.
I’m looking at getting the HW3 upgrade. I’ve had my car delivered at Cherry Hill and also had minor service there. How would you rate the Princeton location over Cherry Hill based on your experience?

I’m looking at getting the HW3 upgrade. I’ve had my car delivered at Cherry Hill and also had minor service there. How would you rate the Princeton location over Cherry Hill based on your experience?
It was okay... We put all of the concerns we had in the app but when we got there they said they couldn't do all of them and only could fix the door handles. Asked if we could have a loaner and the guy said they didn't have one and when we asked if we could book a service appointment to plan for a loaner. He said he couldn't pull a loaner out of thin air. Same kind of experience as cherry hill but much closer to me so I will have to go back to Princeton next time.

It was okay... We put all of the concerns we had in the app but when we got there they said they couldn't do all of them and only could fix the door handles. Asked if we could have a loaner and the guy said they didn't have one and when we asked if we could book a service appointment to plan for a loaner. He said he couldn't pull a loaner out of thin air. Same kind of experience as cherry hill but much closer to me so I will have to go back to Princeton next time.
Appreciate the reply. I took a ride to the Princeton SC last week and they said my VIN was ready for the upgrade. They also mentioned that loaners are also for repairs that are two or more days. Didn’t know they instituted this policy? My experience at Cherry Hill was okay. The only thing I’m concerned about is winding up with more damage than when I came in with from reading others’ experiences. Fingers crossed.