Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All other stocks trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

juanmedina

Mar 31, 2016
SC
The entire market is getting trashed right now specially some established companies like DIS, CCL, SBUX. Are any of you thinking about buy their stock? is it crazy to buy long term calls right now on those companies since the IV is so high? Are you guys still buying SPY puts?

I am buying a few puts with short expiration. April for DIS, MGM and CCL among others... Not much, 1 or 2 contracts... I am only using my play money, but I am up more than 100% in 2 weeks...

I am not a financial person at all, but the only thing I would even consider buying right now is TSLA, AAPL. We may or may not be at bottom, but the volatility right now is insane...

I wish I had more money in cash to pour in now in general.

The reaction to this is being grossly overblown for political gain.

IMO by the end of the year this will all be nearly forgotten and American manufacturing will be roaring back to life in new ways due to lessons learned from being too reliant on Chinese manufacturing.
Using our greener grid and making things closer to point of use is good for the environment as well.

Reactions: MXLRplus
all this bad talk has to stop, it's not that bad, there has been much worst things than this virus, to quote Roosevelt, there's nothing to fear, but fear itself. We are doing all this to ourselves, this is crazy.

Agreed, but when was the last time the NBA, MLB, & NHL suspended their season at the same time?

Other good buys are: AXP, WBA, MSFT, DIS, IBM, NKE, AAPL, V, JNJ, VZ, & MRK

I wish I would have sold Boeing last year. Big mistake. There is a small chance they go BK.

Agreed, but when was the last time the NBA, MLB, & NHL suspended their season at the same time?

Other good buys are: AXP, WBA, MSFT, DIS, IBM, NKE, AAPL, V, JNJ, VZ, & MRK

I wish I would have sold Boeing last year. Big mistake. There is a small chance they go BK.

DIS? With movies postponing, theatres closing, parks closing (or worse: remaining open without customers)? I’m not sure this is a good buy right now.

It is only low information people freaking out. Those that look into it get that it isn't what the media wants it to be. This is turning into economic terrorism.
There are 7 people 1 recovered 6 still ill in WI literally about 1 in a million and none within an hour plus of us and they cancelled school events for tonight.
That is being done to spread fear, it is not a rational response.

Far as buying stuff is deeply discounted now, might go down more or people might come to their senses and we will see massive surges in values. Do you buy a deal or do you hope clearance price is lower yet, depends now much you want something right?

• Love
Reactions: anthonyj
It is only low information people freaking out. Those that look into it get that it isn't what the media wants it to be. This is turning into economic terrorism.
There are 7 people 1 recovered 6 still ill in WI literally about 1 in a million and none within an hour plus of us and they cancelled school events for tonight.
That is being done to spread fear, it is not a rational response.

Far as buying stuff is deeply discounted now, might go down more or people might come to their senses and we will see massive surges in values. Do you buy a deal or do you hope clearance price is lower yet, depends now much you want something right?

Prices have dropped even more in after hours trading, some by as much as 34%. I find it highly unlikely DIS and other key stocks will be significantly affected long term by this Pandemic. In hindsight I should have waited to buy until tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

all this bad talk has to stop, it's not that bad, there has been much worst things than this virus, to quote Roosevelt, there's nothing to fear, but fear itself. We are doing all this to ourselves, this is crazy.

Well my friend a doctor is freaking out he say that we are not prepared for this... I am kind of starting to freak out lol. My sister in-law who use to work at FEMA said to keep two weeks of food.

I have some cash right now that I was going to use for calls I may end just buying stock. I like MSFT.