TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

All possible cargo configurations?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by nienco2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. nienco2

nienco2 Member

Can anyone show pictures of any possible configuration of the second and third rows in various positions to accommodate different cargo needs please? For example one 2nd row seat all the way forward, third row down flat, two 2nd row forward 3rd row flat, all second row forward but third row remaining in seated position, (extra leg room for third row passsenger without second row seating?). Similar question on wiki has had no response wanting to see picture of maximum cargo configuration. TIA

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I haven't seen any pictures of actual vehicles with the second row in the forward position.

It gets worse, a sig owner in the TM forums said they can't be put in that position and have the vehicle operate.

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

D'oh, it's been marked private! Linky may not worky. :(

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I did mention in the wiki that it will be Cargo Mode that allows that - a future update.

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Gah! Thanks for the reminder bonnie. I posted your info in the thread over there too, but it might be helpful in allaying some fears if you corroborated.

Cheers!

5. MaxK

MaxK Member

The car will operate with the seats forward. It just gives you a warning that those seats are not locked and should not be occupied. I drove mine today with the seats forward.

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Also true. And you can dismiss the warning.

7. vangogh

vangogh Member

Sorry for the crummy photos...but perhaps this will provide some visualization of the capability...

AA.png BB.png CC.png DD.png EE.png

8. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

Great pictures, thanks