Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

All saved setting erased after updating to 2022.20.6

I just updated from 2022.16.2 to 2022.20.6 and all my previous settings have been wiped. Almost like a factory reset. The only thing saved were the key cards and my phone key. Every setting and login had to be redone. It was even showing - - - as mi odometer mileage for about 5 minutes. It even told me “introducing software v11.0”!

I haven’t driven it yet but it sill thinks it’s at Tesla HQ in Palo Alto. I hope all the FSD comes back after a drive too, every selection is currently greyed out.

*I don't know how to edit my awesome grammar and spelling in the title

Attachments

• 789B8E30-3179-4844-87D3-A0E412696B7B.jpeg
    789B8E30-3179-4844-87D3-A0E412696B7B.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 07498759-4E0C-4F5A-8E35-73B470158E63.jpeg
    07498759-4E0C-4F5A-8E35-73B470158E63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
similar thing happened to me after 2022.24.6.5. Settings erased, including my home address, which meant my sentry mode got turned on for a few days and drained like 150 miles of battery. Also, my tesla app now shows a 6 digit number instead of my car name.
Reset your car name. The number you see is the last 6 digits of your VIN, which is used when the car name isn’t set.

Me too on "upgrading" to .40.4.1. Ugh, should have known better than to "upgrade" (and now have stupid auto-high-beam to deal with on AutoPilot). I'm annoyed that my lifetime energy stats were wiped, can't re-configure that. Also the car's frequently (not always) complaining about my USB drive (sentry / dashcam) since the update, but unplug and plug and it works fine.

Wish we had a way to revert like in the olden days of computers. Remember when you could just copy your System Folder to another drive as a backup?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC