Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All saved setting erased after updating to 2022.20.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated from 2022.16.2 to 2022.20.6 and all my previous settings have been wiped. Almost like a factory reset. The only thing saved were the key cards and my phone key. Every setting and login had to be redone. It was even showing - - - as mi odometer mileage for about 5 minutes. It even told me “introducing software v11.0”!

I haven’t driven it yet but it sill thinks it’s at Tesla HQ in Palo Alto. I hope all the FSD comes back after a drive too, every selection is currently greyed out.

*I don't know how to edit my awesome grammar and spelling in the title

Attachments

• 789B8E30-3179-4844-87D3-A0E412696B7B.jpeg
    789B8E30-3179-4844-87D3-A0E412696B7B.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 375
  • 07498759-4E0C-4F5A-8E35-73B470158E63.jpeg
    07498759-4E0C-4F5A-8E35-73B470158E63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Obviously that isn’t how it’s supposed to work, but I think others have reported similar incidents (not just that build). Try rebooting.

The car’s location will fix itself when you start driving. The cameras might need to recalibrate before you can use AP.

similar thing happened to me after 2022.24.6.5. Settings erased, including my home address, which meant my sentry mode got turned on for a few days and drained like 150 miles of battery. Also, my tesla app now shows a 6 digit number instead of my car name.

similar thing happened to me after 2022.24.6.5. Settings erased, including my home address, which meant my sentry mode got turned on for a few days and drained like 150 miles of battery. Also, my tesla app now shows a 6 digit number instead of my car name.
Reset your car name. The number you see is the last 6 digits of your VIN, which is used when the car name isn’t set.

Same thing happened to me the other day. Not sure which version off my the top of my head, but I initially thought it was just the settings. Just noticed the homelink missing this morning and noticed the driver profiles also were also gone 5 minutes ago.

Me too on "upgrading" to .40.4.1. Ugh, should have known better than to "upgrade" (and now have stupid auto-high-beam to deal with on AutoPilot). I'm annoyed that my lifetime energy stats were wiped, can't re-configure that. Also the car's frequently (not always) complaining about my USB drive (sentry / dashcam) since the update, but unplug and plug and it works fine.

Wish we had a way to revert like in the olden days of computers. Remember when you could just copy your System Folder to another drive as a backup?

Last weekend, the update resulted in a factory reset for me. Also required a fresh map data download and camera recalibration before I could use any autonomy and navigation features

After having to redo WiFi, Bluetooth, driver profiles, radio stations, feature settings, key associations with profiles, home address, etc., I noticed the next little update changed a couple of my settings.

First time I've experienced the factory reset, but not the first time for the little changes. It's all super annoying and avoidable by Tesla.

After the update last night, my car was also given a factory reset and I have to start over with everything. Particularly annoying and potentially dangerous was that my glove box no long requires a password and the Homelink is not working.