TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All season mats for M3

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gaton, May 29, 2018.

1. gaton

gaton New Member

Sorry if this is posted already. Where is everyone getting All Weather floor mats for their Model 3?

2. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I'm looking at the 3D Maxpider Kagu mates or the eventual release of Weathertech's solution. Leaning more towards the first option but it's currently not available in Canada. I'll make the decision closer to winter I imagine.

3. Insilin

Insilin Member

4. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

I was hoping Tesla might eventually make some available (maybe before winter this year), but I haven't heard anything about them. Anyone else heard if they plan on making some?

5. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Weathertech makes the floor liners for Tesla. Last I heard from them, they are still in development. They encourage you to reach out on their website to show interest in the Model 3 development.

6. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

Email sent to their sales department...

• Like x 1
  7. seanucks

seanucks Member

Weather tech/Tesla ones: Elon said they’d be available before winter.... I might just stick my old mats in for the time being till they are available.

8. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

So
    Was there context on where winter would be starting (in terms of the date) in Elon's posting...? (Must have missed it). Could vary by a few months depending on where...? (Hopefully he doesn't mean LA....)

9. johndorian

johndorian Member

Another option that has better coverage than Weathertech or Maxpider: The Ultimate Car Mat | TuxMat

I've already been in touch with them, this is their response:

So if all goes well available sometime in July.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. trevorc

trevorc Member

I ordered the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats and will pick them up in Niagara Falls, NY when they run their next batch at the end of July.

11. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Awesome! You shipping them to somewhere like US Address Inc?

12. trevorc

trevorc Member

I ship stuff to the UPS Store in Niagara Falls every once in a while. They charge approx 5-10 USD per package based on size. It’s only about 35 mins for me to get there from home, so it’s not too hard to do.

13. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Gotcha. I've used US Address Inc many times in the past, same deal...$5 a package.

14. trevorc

trevorc Member

Yep! Definitely helps with not waiting for couriers & paying brokerage fees.

• Like x 1
  15. Munch

Munch Member

Hmm... these aren't half bad. Especially if they end up being cheaper than the maxpiders or at least have more coverage. Like the maxpider design better though.

• Like x 1
  16. Insilin

Insilin Member

It does seem to have better coverage though I'm also a but iffy on the design. Hopefully we get a couple more options by the time fall starts coming around.

17. rainmaker002

rainmaker002 Member

18. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

I ended up getting some cheap universal Canadian Tire rubber mats. They actually fit pretty well. I plan on waiting a few months until Tesla, Weathertech etc come up with something.

• Informative x 1
  19. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I ordered the Tesla branded Weathertech Frunk and Trunk mats from the Tesla online store a month or so ago. I see they are now sold out today.
    Weathertech 2018 Tesla Model 3 | Cargo Mat and Trunk Liner for Cars SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech.ca has the same ones online branded Weathertech instead of Tesla. More expensive than Tesla.

Tesla trunk mat $160
    Weathertech trunk mat $190

Tesla frunk mat $105
    Weathertech frunk mat $160

Personally I’m waiting for the Tesla/Weathertech floor mats. Will just use the stock Tesla carpet mats until then.

• Informative x 1
  20. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member