Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Performance Tires recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Members, I have a LR DM with Stock 18s and getting 19s...

I am getting the Replika R241 19" (see rendering below) wheels for Spring-Fall driving and using my OEM 18s with Nokian R3 winter tires for the winter and was looking for some good all around ALL Season Performance tires. Here are my desired qualities:
  1. Good / fun performance driving in wet and dry
  2. Low Rolling Resistance (like the MXM4 OEM on my 18s) they do have MXM4 for 19s
  3. Good tread wear, at lease 500
Here are my options:
  1. Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus (#1 of 26 according to Tirerack.com All Season Performance Tire Category)
  2. Michelin Pilot Sport Performance All Season 4 (PS4) (#2 of 26 rating like above)
  3. Michelin CrossClimate 2 (though I hear these have high rolling resistance) I hear these are the best all season, 3 Peak snow rating...and would save me from needing winter wheels/tires. May not be best all around performance all season tires
  4. Nokia WR G4, like the CrossClimate 2, great all around all season tires with 3 peak rating
  5. Any others you guys can think of???
Thanks! FWIW, I live in the PNW (Seattle area) and we been getting snow every year, at least two times...I also take the family to the mountains for winter sports so, that's why thinking of winter wheels/tires.

Attachments

• 270011126_507286010576427_6076018832357002249_n.png
    270011126_507286010576427_6076018832357002249_n.png
    345 KB · Views: 442
I've been pretty happy with the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Revised. I'm over in MD, and run All-Seasons from mid-November thru late Feb or so. The Pirellis had a higher overall rating than the Michelins (according to Tire Rack at least), but each tire seemed to have things they were the best at (so I think it just depends on what you're looking for.) When I was looking late last year, the Pirellis were about 25% less than the Michelin AS4 of the same size, so it felt like diminished gains to me in all honesty. If I were keeping them on the entire year (vs just under three months), maybe I'd go with the AS4 (these seem to have the best word of mouth)? I dunno lol

Last edited:
Reactions: gotoma8
Are you running into freezing temps a lot in the spring and fall? If not then using all-seasons as your non-winter tires seems like overkill...might as well use summer tires, if you're going to use a separate set of winter tires anyways.

If I only drove in 2-3 snow storms per year, I'd probably use all-seasons as my winter tires, not as my summer tires. (Though I'd get all seasons with some basic snow capability, not ultra high performance all-seasons that just slide all over any snow.)

Reactions: MG535 and randmness
tm1v2,

Yes, sometimes. However, the issue really is the 2-3 times we get a dump of snow or when we go to the mountains. I have been using the stock Michelins the past few years and it's okay. When it's snowing and there's lots of snow / ice on the ground, especially the street in front of the house, it presents a problem...as we are on a hill. I get the All Season like the stock Michelin MXM4, though there's a lot of bad reviews, not sure why as I feel over the past three years, they've been fine for me. I like the idea of summer tires, but feel that it's expensive and treads don't last long. That's the issue.

Hi Members, I have a LR DM with Stock 18s and getting 19s...

I am getting the Replika R241 19" (see rendering below) wheels for Spring-Fall driving and using my OEM 18s with Nokian R3 winter tires for the winter and was looking for some good all around ALL Season Performance tires. Here are my desired qualities:
  1. Good / fun performance driving in wet and dry
  2. Low Rolling Resistance (like the MXM4 OEM on my 18s) they do have MXM4 for 19s
  3. Good tread wear, at lease 500
Here are my options:
  1. Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus (#1 of 26 according to Tirerack.com All Season Performance Tire Category)
  2. Michelin Pilot Sport Performance All Season 4 (PS4) (#2 of 26 rating like above)
  3. Michelin CrossClimate 2 (though I hear these have high rolling resistance) I hear these are the best all season, 3 Peak snow rating...and would save me from needing winter wheels/tires. May not be best all around performance all season tires
  4. Nokia WR G4, like the CrossClimate 2, great all around all season tires with 3 peak rating
  5. Any others you guys can think of???
Thanks! FWIW, I live in the PNW (Seattle area) and we been getting snow every year, at least two times...I also take the family to the mountains for winter sports so, that's why thinking of winter wheels/tires.
Good list. Not much separating the Continental DW from the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Continental slightly better in snow and and wet Michelin slightly better in the dry. You should include the VREDESTEIN hypertrac in this group it's also slightly better in snow than either the Continental or the Michelin but gives up something in the dry to both tires. The crossclimate is in a different class of tire. Not nearly the same level of dry handling and overall performance but probably a little bit better in snow then the Michelin and for that matter the Continental.

There’s nothing like the feeling of Performance tires aka summer tires on a performance-oriented car. Just that confidence and satisfaction of feeling really planted as you go around a bend.

Get a set of summer tires that fit your budget and longevity requirements.

Trust me, you’ll never look back.

Reactions: tm1v2 and gotoma8
There’s nothing like the feeling of Performance tires aka summer tires on a performance-oriented car. Just that confidence and satisfaction of feeling really planted as you go around a bend.

Get a set of summer tires that fit your budget and longevity requirements.

Trust me, you’ll never look back.
I think then that would be the PS4S, but they don't last very long and I do drive to hiking trails with dirt, gravel and jagged rocks at times.
Not sure that would be good at all for the tire.

I don’t believe the CrossClimate2s are very good in rain.
I hear that too, but the caveat is that the wet stopping test is old and based on a "locked" tire. This was the standard before ABS and traction control, etc. I have watched and read that despite the wet stopping test, the CC2 is actually better! Big concern about the CC2 is the rolling resistance and tread wear.

Found this Vredestein Quatrac Pro vs Michelin CrossClimate 2, comparing the Quatrac Pro to the CC2.
This QP vs DWS 06: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 vs Vredestein Quatrac Pro
Here vs PS A/S 4, what surprised me was they rated the QP better in steering response than the PS A/S 4 or the other two , CC2 and DWS06! Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 vs Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Thoughts? Based on this the Quatrac Pro is the real deal, giving up snow performance against the CC2 and summer performance against the PS A/S 4.

Found this Vredestein Quatrac Pro vs Michelin CrossClimate 2, comparing the Quatrac Pro to the CC2.
This QP vs DWS 06: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 vs Vredestein Quatrac Pro
Here vs PS A/S 4, what surprised me was they rated the QP better in steering response than the PS A/S 4 or the other two , CC2 and DWS06! Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 vs Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Thoughts? Based on this the Quatrac Pro is the real deal, giving up snow performance against the CC2 and summer performance against the PS A/S 4.
Who is "they" that's reviewing the tires?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DDHEverything
Just remember there’s no such thing as a free lunch. So whatever you’re gaining by adding the snow traction of an AS tire, you’re losing out on something else. Whether it’s dry traction or wet traction or longevity or NVH or something else.

I cannot fathom why you’re prioritizing snow traction when you have winter tires already but waste your money as you wish.

I’ll unwatch this thread.