Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Tire Preferences - MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON VS VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO VS EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS

All Season Tire Preferences -MICHELIN PILOT SPORT VS VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO VS EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t vote reliably as I haven’t had anything other than Michelins. The Pilot Sports AS4 seem to be a good tire. Limited winter experience. They are comfortable and grip well compared to Preilli P7+ I previously ran. I have them on wife’s car and will put them on the Tesla when time comes. I’d like the PS4 but that prevents us from being able to go to the snow once per year with our son.

Reactions: iamnid
Between the Michelin and Vredestein i would say the performance on both are very comparable with 1 having the severe snow rated and cheaper to boot that's why i picked the quatrac pros

Michelins are a couple of lbs lighter tho if you going for that and snow isn't a thing(michelins do quite well regardless)

Reactions: Redekw and Noflash
I am going to be replacing the original Conti tires on my Gemini wheels and was curious if switching to, say, the Michelins will create a problem with the effectiveness of my Modern Spare due to a change in diameter/rolling distance (or, in other words, if I have the Modern Spare am I tied to the Continental forever)?

I'm looking at all 3 of these when I replace my Conti's. Not too concerned about snow as I'll likely take my Lexus with the CrossClimate 2's for that so its more about efficiency and wet traction. Just wondering how do any of these 3 compare to the Conti's for efficiency?

I literally came here about to make my own post and saw this post which is similar to what I was considering for myself. @Bucky96 - You may need to look at Tire Brand - and it'll say not available for our car, but if you go below where it says sizes, you can find 255/45/20. I wrote down this same size in previous posts on other people using it. I'm not sure the difference of the 45 part and the 40.

Coming from SoCal where I rarely have any snow conditions except trips to Mt. High or Big Bear, would that "severe snow service rated" affect any summer heat driving?

I was considering the following tires below after 2020 MYLR 20" Inductions with 30k miles on them appear to be wearing down. America's Tire is pretty awesome though, they rotate tires for free, and fix flats for free too (had a nail today) and I'm still on my stock Good Years.

Vredestein Quatrac Pro $219.03/tire

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - $299/tire

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - $330/tire

I literally came here about to make my own post and saw this post which is similar to what I was considering for myself. @Bucky96 - You may need to look at Tire Brand - and it'll say not available for our car, but if you go below where it says sizes, you can find 255/45/20. I wrote down this same size in previous posts on other people using it. I'm not sure the difference of the 45 part and the 40.

Coming from SoCal where I rarely have any snow conditions except trips to Mt. High or Big Bear, would that "severe snow service rated" affect any summer heat driving?

I was considering the following tires below after 2020 MYLR 20" Inductions with 30k miles on them appear to be wearing down. America's Tire is pretty awesome though, they rotate tires for free, and fix flats for free too (had a nail today) and I'm still on my stock Good Years.

Vredestein Quatrac Pro $219.03/tire

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - $299/tire

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - $330/tire

I have the quatrac pros and i saw no problems in 100+ degree weather here in el paso over the summer

Reactions: MY2021f and bpon89
For those who have them, how does the AS4 Michelins compare to the OE Continentals in terms of traction? I’d like to get the PS4s but they aren’t suitable for light snow which we visit once per year. Thanks for your feedback!

As far as I can tell on tire rack, NONE of these tires are LRR tires correct? There WILL be some efficiency loss. That being said, I have always used the DWS as a winter tire on all my cars. For an all season, it did phenomenal in snow. This is also backed up by tire rack tests.
There's a while bunch of EV tires on the horizon from all manufacturers, though. If you can wait...I would wait.

I've always liked EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 on my commuters. I wonder how the road noise will be compared to the factory tires? Shouldn't take me to long to find out. I've had the car for almost two months and I'm close to 4k miles now. The snow performance was always great as well as tread life and grip.