Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Tire Recommendation For Bay Area, Model S 75D W/ 19in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After about 23k miles, the time is coming near to replace my original Goodyear Eagle Touring tires on my 2018 75D (19in). Does anyone have a recommendation on tires I should choose? I live in the Bay Area and am looking for all season tires. Is there anything I should be aware of when choosing a place to get them changed?

Costco has a deal on Michelin tires this month, so I was leaning toward going with them (maybe the Primacy MXM4?) but I want to hear what everyone's opinion is.

Thanks!

After about 23k miles, the time is coming near to replace my original Goodyear Eagle Touring tires on my 2018 75D (19in). Does anyone have a recommendation on tires I should choose? I live in the Bay Area and am looking for all season tires. Is there anything I should be aware of when choosing a place to get them changed?

Costco has a deal on Michelin tires this month, so I was leaning toward going with them (maybe the Primacy MXM4?) but I want to hear what everyone's opinion is.

Thanks!

I like the Primacy MXM4’s. I went through TireRack, which, helpfully, has a really good warranty that even covers damage from nails and such. Don’t know about Costco.

Thanks!
One vote for the Primacies. Mine look like they will last 30k plus and 4 years.

Make sure you have eyes on your installer. Mine scratched my wheels.

Also recommend tire rack, and the warranty. If you search this forum you will find much info as this question has been asked before.

30k was the best. 25-27k a bit more realistic with my driving (lots of really rough back country roads on my commute).

Do you think 30,000 miles is good for a Model S? I’ve been accustomed to getting 45,000-50,000 on my previous cars. I’m not an aggressive driver, but I also don’t do much interstate driving. I only have 13,000 miles on my 2018 MS 100D, but the tires show very little wear so far.

Are the MXM4's liked because of the performance, or are they quit and smooth as well. As an older driver, I am not as interested in ultimate performance as I once was.

I never pushed the car, so my recommend is based on noise and ride which are good. Surveys on tire rack rate this tire highly.

Tire cost is 0.04 per mile, that is about the same as elect cost in my case!

Thanks!
I have the Primacy MXM4s on my 2013 P85+ (running 19 in rims instead of the staggered 21s) and have been quite happy. However, my wife just installed 19" Goodyear Eagle touring and they are considerable quieter than her previous MXM4s. So, the MXM4 is a great tire but you will experience more road noise than your previous Goodyears. I'm be facing this decision in around 5 months...

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I have the Primacy MXM4s on my 2013 P85+ (running 19 in rims instead of the staggered 21s) and have been quite happy. However, my wife just installed 19" Goodyear Eagle touring and they are considerable quieter than her previous MXM4s. So, the MXM4 is a great tire but you will experience more road noise than your previous Goodyears. I'm be facing this decision in around 5 months...[/QUOTE

That really surprises me that the Michelins are louder that the Goodyears

I did a TON of research for all-season tires and just ordered up a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and I'm pretty stoked to get them installed. From everything I read that's the best all around Ultra High Performance allseason tire.

I did weeks of research and ended up getting those as well. Really like the tires and so glad I switched from 21s to 19s with these tires.

Seems the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ are the best rated all season ultra high performnace tires both on Tire rack and Consumer Reports.

I have the Primacy MXM4s on my 2013 P85+ (running 19 in rims instead of the staggered 21s) and have been quite happy. However, my wife just installed 19" Goodyear Eagle touring and they are considerable quieter than her previous MXM4s. So, the MXM4 is a great tire but you will experience more road noise than your previous Goodyears. I'm be facing this decision in around 5 months...
Tires generally are nosier as they age and have more mileage on them. I'd expect most new tires to be quiet compared to a tire that is nearing end of life.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I did weeks of research and ended up getting those as well. Really like the tires and so glad I switched from 21s to 19s with these tires.

Seems the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ are the best rated all season ultra high performnace tires both on Tire rack and Consumer Reports.
Typically high performance tires are not low resistance or at least not as low resistance so range is likely to suffer.

• Informative

Unless you objectively compared both tires in the same conditions back to back when brand new, I don’t think you can make this assertion. Old tires are loud. New ones are quiet.

• Informative