Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Tire Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I've had my used rear-wheel drive 2014 Model S since 2019 where I started at 55,000 miles on it. Somehow these 19" Good Year Eagle RSA2 tires have lasted me almost 75,000 miles where I'm now at around 129,000 miles. I'm mostly concerned with range and was looking at other post where people have said good things about the Michelin Primacy MXM4. I also wanted to hear from other people if EV tires actually matter or just marketing. I was looking at the Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect but couldn't really find any experiences with these tires and range. I was originally looking into getting the Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires because of good reviews for the tire in general but saw a few post saying they've taken a hit in range. I would love any tire recommendations and just any anecdotal experiences you've had, Thanks!

If you can find the Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect in your size, it is a good option if you are looking for a "all season" tire. My perspective is from a Model 3, so factor that in for your S and driving style.

Range, traction....all positive, and positive compared to OEM Michelin Primacy MXM4. I have 6,000+ miles on my Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect tires, wear is less than 1/32 inch compared to new. I rotate wheels every 5k miles.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I just get the cheapest since I plan to replace every year. Got the Cross Climate2 $1200, had the WRG4 $1200, etc…these are 60k miles warranty with load rating of 102XL. Last only like 25k miles. So, chose only to go with $600 tires only with same miles warranty and load ratings. My justification is $600/year is much better than $1200/year.

I had MXM4s on my 2015. They were relatively quiet and range was good, but they were also very boring. My only other experiences are with the A/S 3+ and PS4 AS which are less efficient but are much better tires overall.

We put CrossClimate 2s on my GF's Subaru and her MPG took a hit, though they are very capable tires.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I just get the cheapest since I plan to replace every year. Got the Cross Climate2 $1200, had the WRG4 $1200, etc…these are 60k miles warranty with load rating of 102XL. Last only like 25k miles. So, chose only to go with $600 tires only with same miles warranty and load ratings. My justification is $600/year is much better than $1200/year.
Our cc2 are on the car now for 2 yrs and still great tread...am consiering trying the perelli ev tire all weathers next maybe

I doubt it will last as much as 40k miles, that's being optimistic. I had a Chevy Volt too, tires go out like nothing, almost every 1.5 years, needs a new tire right away...I drive roughly 20-30k miles a year too.
i am at 35k on the cc2 after 2.5 yrs...non agressive driving..will likely get new tires in fall 2023 they are at 6-7/32 right now

I recently swapped my Michelin Primacy MXM4 with the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S, supposedly they are the newer version of the MXM4

I've put about 5k miles on them and did a 3500 mile road trip and have averaged 300 Wh/mi. No complaints and really dont notice a difference from my old MXM4's (efficiency, traction, quietness, etc). I haven't tried them in snow but heavy rain they performed well (I would think any tire should when they are new and have very deep tread) and no issues with dry traction.

I would buy them again just because they are so "normal" and just work like a good set of tires should.

1685580724001.png

The Michelin Cross Climate 2 do have awesome traction but everything I have read is that you take a BIG hit to range/efficiency (10%+) which is very detrimental to our older MS vehicles that aren't as efficient as our newer brethren (more efficient motors, heat pumps, etc) so I would stay away from them unless you were planning on doing a lot of driving in the snow/off-road.

The Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires seem pretty solid from the 5 minutes of research i've done on them but I haven't looked into them too much or know anyone that has them. Personally I wouldn't buy them because Costco doesn't sell and I get all my tires from there 🤣 but the reviews on the Tirerack website seems like they get good reviews so they might be worth a try.

i am at 35k on the cc2 after 2.5 yrs...non agressive driving..will likely get new tires in fall 2023 they are at 6-7/32 right now
I don't believe it. Show me the a receipt of the when you got the tires, the mileage at time of install. Even with aggressive driving on chill mode or through 8.3 seconds 0-60 on a Chevy Volt, that still is not considered aggressive. Yet, the tires still wear out quick. Less torque too on the Volt.

I am 100% confident my data is correct.

I don't believe it. Show me the a receipt of the when you got the tires, the mileage at time of install. Even with aggressive driving on chill mode or through 8.3 seconds 0-60 on a Chevy Volt, that still is not considered aggressive. Yet, the tires still wear out quick. Less torque too on the Volt.

i just was at discount tire to rotate and this was what we saw based on when tires were put on and milage. U dont have to believe me...but as i said they are noiser now down to 6 or 7 /32 tread so will try something new in fall

I've owned a Model S since 2013 and tried lots of different tires. The Continentals and Michelins all sucked. Horrible. They were loud and wore out fast. The best all season tires I've ever had were Vredestein Quatrac Pro XLs. I tried them on the recommendation of others here and it has been the best all season tire I've bought. I'm actually getting ready to buy them again.