Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are some of the best rated, highly recommended all-season tires for a Model S with the basic 19" rims?

I'm not looking to race, but I'd like quiet tires with good traction which can handle Philly winters.

I've searched around and see a lot of content on winter, summer tires, but not all-season (or I'm blind).

I've heard Michelins are good, but otherwise I'm clueless when it comes to tires.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, after 8 years in Colorado, and 3 years in British Columbia, driving thousands of miles on snow and ice every winter, Nokian are the best you can get. I decided to go with the Nokian WR3 tires this year because I am not driving on snow full time, just for ski trips. These tires have the higher speed rating and all season performance (better wet and dry than dedicated snows) but still out perform many snow tires AND carry the extreme weather rating to allow travel on roads that require chains or traction tires.

When I lived in Canada and drove on snow 4 months out of the year I used the Nokian Hakkepelita snow tires and they were outstanding.

Cheers,

Noah

Reactions: jerry33
Hard to go wrong with Nokian. I use the WR-g3 as my winter tires on a separate set of wheels. If I lived further north, I'd use R2 or X-Ice. The idea behind a separate set of wheels is that winter wheels take a beating, especially in areas of heavy salt use, so there's no good reason to mess up your good summer wheels.

I think compared to the Michelin Primacy the Nokian's might be superior on snow and ice, but at the cost of dry and wet performance. Here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, I am much more likely to drive on dry or wet streets than on ice or snow (excellent snow cleanup), and there is a fair bit of highway driving. So I'd rather not compromise on the dry/wet performance. So far the factory installed Michelin Primacy's have performed well all season, though the last winter was relatively mild.

I have had excellent results from the Continental Extreme Contact (19") all season tires. Got a great deal for them on Tire Rack. Highly rated (as an all season) for modest snow and ice. Tire has an aggressive tread but very low rolling resistance. Have actually seen an improvement in average Wh/mile. Has performed very well in all conditions so far, still haven't been through truly winter conditions. For the last two years I ran on the Michelin X-ice3 with very good results. Hoping to get away with the Continentals this year.

• Helpful
Reactions: fallen888
I put the Pirelli Cinturato All Season+ tires on my S60 last November. They handle very well in dry, wet and light snow. They are rather quiet as well. They tramline like crazy on grooved pavement though. They make me nervous on grooved pavement especially if the weather is bad. They are very good tires with this significant compromise.