Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All season tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what they were getting? I've always gotten about 3.77 - 3.80 0-60, about 3.55 - 3.58 with the one foot roll out. I still am with the 19x8.5 Martians. I remember someone doing better with Model 3 wheels, but IMHO that was due to tire diameter and not wheel/tire weight.

Agreed 100%

same as I ran the 21, 45 psi. I know that's high, but I see a good 15 -20 wh/mi improvement over 42 psi.
I think he got 3.47 with the stock tires/wheels with a roll out. He lives where it's warm and dry.
I'm running the Quatrac Pros at 43 cold and they feel good.
Thanks again for all the good info.

Debating between Cross Climate series and the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's. Anyone got any idea on what to go for? Up here in New England so we get the best of both weathers, pretty snowy in the dead of winter. It looks the the Quatrac Pro's seem to be less noisier but how do they hold up in snowy conditions?

TM3 SR+ 18"

Debating between Cross Climate series and the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's. Anyone got any idea on what to go for? Up here in New England so we get the best of both weathers, pretty snowy in the dead of winter. It looks the the Quatrac Pro's seem to be less noisier but how do they hold up in snowy conditions?

TM3 SR+ 18"
I took the the quatrac pros to ruidoso NM on fwd accord and with a foot of snow in February and didn’t get stuck no problems handled the snow perfectly fine, i got my model y and also swapped the continental for quatrac pros

my 2 centz

Reactions: Stach
I took the the quatrac pros to ruidoso NM on fwd accord and with a foot of snow in February and didn’t get stuck no problems handled the snow perfectly fine, i got my model y and also swapped the continental for quatrac pros

my 2 centz
I was planning on doing the same thing re: swapping OEM conti's for Quatrac pros. What did you do with the OEM tires? Seems to be less of a market for just tires vs. wheel/tire combo.

I was planning on doing the same thing re: swapping OEM conti's for Quatrac pros. What did you do with the OEM tires? Seems to be less of a market for just tires vs. wheel/tire combo.
O i got new wheels with the quatrac pros and left my contis with gemini wheels in my garage for now lol an extra set i guess jic but ill sell them later if anything not sure yet

u could do the same I’ve seen a a couple posts in this forum of people selling the contis etc. By themselves.

Do the Quatrac Pros fit on the 20” rims?
1624132098542.png

Double check your tire size but it looks like they do!

Reactions: cancoi
View attachment 675287

Double check your tire size but it looks like they do!
I've been on these on the 20" induction rims for ~4k miles. They are great, fully recommend. I use them year round.

Drove in plenty of snow, they held up great and fit my needs for snow driving and safety in the be snow. I had multiple times with 6-8 inches of snowy roads covered and was able to drive no problem. A few 1-2 inch snowy parking lot tests and was not able to really slide them. I did a couple trips with the Goodyears in the snow and they were definitely not good, slip sliding. My car slid down a driveway with the Goodyears 4k miles, thankfully into a soft snow bank.

The only concern I've heard and not observed yet is be prepared they may wear quick

Reactions: RayB and cancoi
I'm live in Portland, Or and would prefer to get some winter tires, but it seems everyone is sold out. I've tried Costco, Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and Walmart. All of the winter tires that are recocommneded for the Y (255/45R19 with the higher load range) are out of stock. I have a trip planned where I will be driving over the Siskiyou Pass and then driving around California, so I figured I should get some all-season tires that will be better than stock. I have the stock 255/45R19/XL tires on currently.

Looking at the All-Season tires, I think the only two with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol are below:
The Vredestein QUATRAC PRO are sold out (back in stock on 12/17, but that will be too late for my trip)
The Cross Climate 2 don't come in that size.

Any recommendations for an All-Season tire that will give me decent traction on snow and ice? I know there is a great spreadsheet for the Model 3, I wish there was a similiar one for the Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: PNWLeccy
BTW, I ended up buying Vredestein QUATRAC PRO 12 months ago.
Tires did really good in winter: We did a test with a friend of mine who has WINTER tires (no studs) on his AWD subaru and tried to climb icy hill covered with snow. I was able to climb it multiple times including stopping in the middle. Subaru failed all the tests. Insane!

Summer driving is a bit loud and soft in corners but not that bad . For me It's not worth swapping to summer tires (~$200-300 per year for 2 swaps)
Treadwear performance is OK, not sure those would last 3 years for me (30k miles).