Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Seasons MY P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for including the build date. VIN doesnt really tell you anything but it appears that Michelins were put into production vehicles on 12/01. You probably have the first day batch of them, congrats!
I've seen people get the Michelin's before 12/1- I think it's just that the supply chain logistics are still catching up with the switchover. Plus, based on how Tesla seems to do things, I don't think they picked a date to do the switch, I think as they had supply coming in they started using the Michelins where they could. I got a call confirming my delivery next Tuesday, and the guy told me I'd be getting the A/S tires (yessss!!!). It's still on its way here but he knew already. I forgot to ask him how he knew so I called back in and spoke to another person. She said based on the VIN she knew it would have A/S tires. I asked her how she knew and whether it was encoded in the VIN somehow and she just said it's an internal thing they can see.

If you're curious and want to know, try calling and asking them- it sounds like they can look it up now (internally). I personally think they're switching over completely based on how many people either live in harsh winter climates like myself, or may find themselves driving through them at some point- people in Hawaii are getting the A/S tires for gods sake and I don't know of much snow cover there except in the mountains.

She also confirmed that they are the special Tesla tires with the accoustic foam so we'll see how loud it is.

Reactions: adgoodma
I've seen people get the Michelin's before 12/1- I think it's just that the supply chain logistics are still catching up with the switchover. Plus, based on how Tesla seems to do things, I don't think they picked a date to do the switch, I think as they had supply coming in they started using the Michelins where they could. I got a call confirming my delivery next Tuesday, and the guy told me I'd be getting the A/S tires (yessss!!!). It's still on its way here but he knew already. I forgot to ask him how he knew so I called back in and spoke to another person. She said based on the VIN she knew it would have A/S tires. I asked her how she knew and whether it was encoded in the VIN somehow and she just said it's an internal thing they can see.

If you're curious and want to know, try calling and asking them- it sounds like they can look it up now (internally). I personally think they're switching over completely based on how many people either live in harsh winter climates like myself, or may find themselves driving through them at some point- people in Hawaii are getting the A/S tires for gods sake and I don't know of much snow cover there except in the mountains.

She also confirmed that they are the special Tesla tires with the accoustic foam so we'll see how loud it is.
I hope it’s 100% going with all seasons going fwd and not a supply issue with summer tires.

Reactions: Corndart
We took delivery of our new MYP today and it had the A/S Michelins. Hooray!

However, looking at the 21" tire chains on the Tesla Shop, they claim they do not fit any of our Tesla account vehicles... so not sure what that means.

Last edited:
Ugh. I picked up my car 3 weeks ago and got Pirelli tires. Ended up getting 265 front and 295 rear Michelin all seasons. Zero regrets because 265 and 295 fit the wheels a lot better and there is no stretch
Good to hear that you found good fitting tires for the Uberturbine 21".
What exact size and model did you get?
Are the tires protruding past rim to reduce curbing?
How are they working out for you?

Ugh. I picked up my car 3 weeks ago and got Pirelli tires. Ended up getting 265 front and 295 rear Michelin all seasons. Zero regrets because 265 and 295 fit the wheels a lot better and there is no stretch
Good to hear that you found good fitting tires for the Uberturbine 21".
What exact size and model did you get?
Are the tires protruding past rim to reduce curbing?
How are they working out for you?