Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Seasons MY P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of my 2022 Model Y Performance on 3 December and it came with Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tires. Exciting news for me because I’m getting read for a cross country trip and was worried I’d have to buy a separate set of all season or winter tires.

Attachments

• EC438474-E68B-40C9-9FC2-91552F934421.jpeg
    EC438474-E68B-40C9-9FC2-91552F934421.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 1,605
  • DD9328EE-1922-4AB9-9323-0AD7101C718A.jpeg
    DD9328EE-1922-4AB9-9323-0AD7101C718A.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 0CA078DE-71AD-45E6-848F-B4997FB9C89A.jpeg
    0CA078DE-71AD-45E6-848F-B4997FB9C89A.jpeg
    696.1 KB · Views: 215
So I took delivery of my 2022 Model Y Performance on 3 December and it came with Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tires. Exciting news for me because I’m getting read for a cross country trip and was worried I’d have to buy a separate set of all season or winter tires.

curious what VIN serial you are so I get a sense of whether I’ll get these tires or not.

the last digits of mine are 3265xx. If you are willing to share could give a sense of when they started putting these on.

That is welcome news. Be careful in snow as they are still not great at all in any snow conditions vs winter tires.
The PS All Season 4 should be able to hold their own in the snow. It's certainly not a winter tire though.

I see that it's marked as a T0 tire, which is awesome. This means that it's specifically tweaked by Tesla and Michelin for the Model Y. They probably added the interior foam to reduce noise and adjusted the compound for reduced rolling resistance.

Here's a helpful review comparing the generic PS AS4 to the PS 4S and X-Ice tires in the snow. The summary is at 13:52.

The Tesla specific T0 tires aren't available at Tirerack.com yet but here's their review of the generic tire's winter performance.

"we can confidently say Michelin's new UHPAS tire is a strong performer in light snow."

The PS All Season 4 should be able to hold their own in the snow. It's certainly not a winter tire though.

I see that it's marked as a T0 tire, which is awesome. This means that it's specifically tweaked by Tesla and Michelin for the Model Y. They probably added the interior foam to reduce noise and adjusted the compound for reduced rolling resistance.

Here's a helpful review comparing the generic PS AS4 to the PS 4S and X-Ice tires in the snow. The summary is at 13:52.

The Tesla specific T0 tires aren't available at Tirerack.com yet but here's their review of the generic tire's winter performance.

"we can confidently say Michelin's new UHPAS tire is a strong performer in light snow."
Yeah, the PSAS4 and DWS 06 Plus are leagues ahead of other all season tires in the snow, which is pretty good for not being an all weather (3PMS) tire. I've tried pretty much all the other tires in this class, and all the other ones suck in the snow.

If they tweaked the compound, hopefully they didn't compromise performance too much, as I've never really met a pair of OE tires that I liked. Michelin's other OE tweaked tires I've had tended to be quite terrible in the wet.

While this is unlikely this early, do you mind checking your settings to see which processor you have? Wondering if Ryzen is making its way over with the new tire changes.

And BTW love the change to PSAS4.

While this is unlikely this early, do you mind checking your settings to see which processor you have? Wondering if Ryzen is making its way over with the new tire changes.

And BTW love the change to PSAS4.
Are you serious about the Ryzen chip? I don't know what's in there now but my Ryzen 9 5900X goes like a raped ape in my gaming rig. Would be cool to get an upgrade in the infotainment system!

I just asked my SA if there was anyway to know if the car would come with the Michelins or the Pirellis. He insisted that all MYP come with Pirellis. 🤷‍♂️
I would prefer those as I have winter tires, but it's kinda weird he doesn't have any idea what is going on.

Reactions: WyomingEV
I just asked my SA if there was anyway to know if the car would come with the Michelins or the Pirellis. He insisted that all MYP come with Pirellis. 🤷‍♂️
I would prefer those as I have winter tires, but it's kinda weird he doesn't have any idea what is going on.
FWIW when I received my VIN I asked my SA to confirm that I would be getting the Michelins and they confirmed for me that mine would have Michelin AS. They could just be basing it off forum posts of VIN sequencing, but seemed like they were confident I would have them. Weird that responses are so different depending on who your SA is.

The second person I spoke to wrote: "And that’s super interesting about the all seasons! I haven’t seen that yet, but will be on the lookout. I can also confirm with you once your car actually arrives." She was much nicer..