TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All sound gone

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MathijsKok, Jun 30, 2018.

1. MathijsKok

MathijsKok Member

After a software update this night I have lost all sound. No USB, no phone, no Spotify.... sounds familiar to anybody?

2. garrett5688

garrett5688 Member

Did you try rebooting? Hold both scroll wheels down on the steering wheel.

• Like x 3
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

And seriously you should do the main (MCU for S and X) reboot after every firmware load. It’s fixed several issues I’ve had from new firmware versions and certainly can’t hurt. Don’t even wait for a problem to occur.

• Like x 1
  4. RedOctober

RedOctober Member

I did not know that. I have noticed that my car goes a little wonky the day before an update but have no odea why that would happen. Rebooting after the update is something I’m going to do from now on.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Definitely a good plan, I’ve found. Can’t see how the day before would be a connected factor unless it’s downloading the release and something is going on. I can’t recall ever hearing that one before!

6. Holo

Holo Member

So this is my first posting to this forum. I've had my model S for about 3 weeks. I love the car! However, I am still in the get to know you phase. I, too, experienced loss of all sounds; twice in a 3 day period. The first time it happened I had no idea what to do. I called roadside assistance and they talked me through rebooting. That fixed it. When it happened again two days later I rebooted on my own which again fixed the problem but has me concerned. Why so often? I sent an e-mail to roadside about the issue but have yet to get a reply (it's been 8 days since I sent the e-mail).

7. Raechris

Raechris Member

When my car was only a few days old (12/17 MS) it wouldn’t wake up, main screen black multiple times requiring reboots and I was similarly concerned. It has not been a problem since, it’s probably just an initial learning / break in period of the computer systems.

8. Holo

Holo Member

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm still looking for excuses to drive somewhere, anywhere, so I guess it's true that love is blind.

9. MathijsKok

MathijsKok Member

Reboot fixed it for me.

10. Raechris

Raechris Member

Congratulations and welcome to the family!