Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All sound gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And seriously you should do the main (MCU for S and X) reboot after every firmware load. It’s fixed several issues I’ve had from new firmware versions and certainly can’t hurt. Don’t even wait for a problem to occur.
I did not know that. I have noticed that my car goes a little wonky the day before an update but have no odea why that would happen. Rebooting after the update is something I’m going to do from now on.

I did not know that. I have noticed that my car goes a little wonky the day before an update but have no odea why that would happen. Rebooting after the update is something I’m going to do from now on.
Definitely a good plan, I’ve found. Can’t see how the day before would be a connected factor unless it’s downloading the release and something is going on. I can’t recall ever hearing that one before!

So this is my first posting to this forum. I've had my model S for about 3 weeks. I love the car! However, I am still in the get to know you phase. I, too, experienced loss of all sounds; twice in a 3 day period. The first time it happened I had no idea what to do. I called roadside assistance and they talked me through rebooting. That fixed it. When it happened again two days later I rebooted on my own which again fixed the problem but has me concerned. Why so often? I sent an e-mail to roadside about the issue but have yet to get a reply (it's been 8 days since I sent the e-mail).

When my car was only a few days old (12/17 MS) it wouldn’t wake up, main screen black multiple times requiring reboots and I was similarly concerned. It has not been a problem since, it’s probably just an initial learning / break in period of the computer systems.