Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla Models will get Range/Power increase (not just SR+) of 5%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chart was compiled by Wugz who was hyper pinging the API to gather that data if I recalled correctly.

Ok. In the end the plot does not say anything definitive about power output to the wheels.

It is actually interesting from the perspective of how the torque increase and power increase (which happened all the way from 0-60mph) happened last time - if this plot is correct, it means they managed to increase battery-to-wheels efficiency at max torque output, all the way up.

Of course, this is for the AWD, so it isn’t really max torque output, but never mind. Confusing to compare two different types of cars in this way.

It's all going to be speculation until the update rolls out and is measured/confirmed, just like the last "5% power increase"

I don't have a clue how this is going to technically work, however I am assure of this fact:

Tesla rarely gives out any details about a change unless the driver is going to notice. Otherwise it would be buried in the world of "fixes and stuff".

With that said.....I believe its going to be even nice(er) to accelerate every morning.

Reactions: SleeperService
The news is Elon specifically confirmed the 5% Model 3 and 3% S/X increase as well as one pedal driving enhancements via OTA in a few weeks during the phone call during the meeting today.

I feel like they have already been tweaking the regen. Since V10 it seems more gradual than before. It makes highway driving a little nicer but I notice having to use my brakes more around town. I wouldnt mind a higher regen setting though.

Nevermind. I just found another thread that mentioned the range increase. I'm dumb and cant figure out how to delete this post. lol. Anyway here is a breakdown of most of the changes.

• 5% power increase for all model 3’s
  • Range increase for the Long Range models from 310 to 325
  • Single Pedal driving improvements (maybe stronger regen or no need to use brakes at 5mph)
  • Supercharging speed increased for SR and SR+

Last edited:
Nevermind. I just found another thread that mentioned the range increase. I'm dumb and cant figure out how to delete this post. lol. Anyway here is a breakdown of most of the changes.

• Single Pedal driving improvements (maybe stronger regen or no need to use brakes at 5mph)
Didn't this exact same update happen last year around the same time? Are we finally going to ACTUALLY see the range increase from 310 to 325 on our LR RWD?

The 325 is old news, but it’ll be interesting to see what Elon means on the other points.

5% more torque or peak power means a TON to me.

Especially for FREE!!!

I mean....what other car manufacturer gives you more for your money AFTER the purchase. Forget the fact that its a power increase....just the simple fact that your car improves in performance AFTER purchase is phenomenal.

Everyone has to enjoy that fact unless you are just some kind of "mad at the world" crazy person.

I think you're missing my point. I love the continual improvements; I love having a software-defined car; and most of all, I LOVE that they continue to find ways to make my car better, for years, at no additional cost. Those are all magnificent!

For me, I mean that I won't notice 5% more torque or peak power. I don't drive like a dipwad, don't jackrabbit off the line, and generally stay within a few mph of speed limits. I don't come close to maximum torque or peak power now, so pushing those lines out a bit won't be noticeable. If it means that I'll get a little more range, well, cool - but very similar thing applies; I don't usually come close to using all the range now. But if I had the choice of "10 miles additional range" or "5% more peak power at the wheels" -- I'd choose the extra range. Just me.

Believe me, no complaint... and I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth at all! Just saying, I won't notice this one, that's all. :)

I love how much confusion there is about what is actually going to happen. Is it improved one-pedal driving for the Model 3, or just Model X/S? Is it actually improved regen below ~5mph, or is the car just going to automatically hit the friction brakes at that point so the user doesn’t have to? Is it improved range for the Model 3 P, or just the regular LR AWD? Is it improved power, too, or did power mean range?

Waiting and seeing seems to be the name of the game.

Reactions: CharleyBC
I love how much confusion there is about what is actually going to happen. Is it improved one-pedal driving for the Model 3, or just Model X/S? Is it improved range for the Model 3 P, or just the regular LR AWD? Is it improved power, too, or did power mean range?

Waiting and seeing seems to be the name of the game.

Also will it be different for pre/post raven S/X?

Reactions: ICUDoc
Also will it be different for pre/post raven S/X?

I would assume so because I'd always read for non permanent magnet motors is would cost more energy to energize the motor than can be gained by regenning below 5mph. As only the raven has a PM motor I have to assume it would only apply to them, unless they just to it to both to make it universal.

Tesletter on Twitter
T☰SLA Mania on Twitter

hY6HOy7.jpg

BF0GbB6.jpg

2Rs3QDe.jpg

Last edited: