Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla Owners in U.S. and Canada With a Safety Score of 80+ Will Receive FSD Beta Tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Directly after the wide release of FSD Beta 10.69.2.2, Elon Musk just announced that Tesla vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a safety score of 80+ will be receiving FSD Beta by tomorrow! This totals to 60,000 new users, according to Musk.

Drive Tesla Canada reports that Tesla has already begun the process of rolling out to new testers.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.38.44 AM.png

Reactions: danny
Same here, no download/update for me either. I wonder how long the wait is now that I learned that I have to stop updating non FSD beta firmware.
Unless .3 (after AI day) is based on a new base software, which I doubt because of some of the bugs in .24 nad .28, but maybe?...I would bet on only 1 more major release this year. There's just not enough time for multiple releases with how long the last 3 have taken.

I imagine that the beta FSD will be available but you still have to pay for it right??? 🤪🤪🤪 or, i guess, that is wishful thinking.... but that will be made available to 60 000 drivers with good safety rating score for free....?

I woke this morning to the update and was expecting a normal point release. Looked up the release notes and was floored to see FSD Beta. I thought it would be at least sometime in October before they widened the Beta. I guess they want to realize a big chunk of deferred FSD revenue in Q3.

Let's see if FSD can get me to the grocery store.

Not sure if the larger push is the reason I finally got FSD beta, but received update for 2022.20.17 (from 2022.20.8). Bought my 2022 Model 3 Long Range in February. Currently 3300 mi on odometer. Safety score has varied. For first 4-6 weeks I had it >95 and never got the update. I didn't use autopilot regularly and kinda gave up. Then recently found out that you need at least 100 mi of autopilot/autosteer. Started using autopilot on 2 days per week that my commute takes me on the hwy (about 45 mi round trip). Got my safety score to 95 over the last 5 days and received FSD beta last night. I'm putting this all out there for anyone who wants to know more about who gets FSD and when. It sounds like it won't matter soon enough though.