Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla Owners in U.S. and Canada With a Safety Score of 80+ Will Receive FSD Beta Tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Directly after the wide release of FSD Beta 10.69.2.2, Elon Musk just announced that Tesla vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a safety score of 80+ will be receiving FSD Beta by tomorrow! This totals to 60,000 new users, according to Musk.

Drive Tesla Canada reports that Tesla has already begun the process of rolling out to new testers.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.38.44 AM.png

Reactions: danny
Directly after the wide release of FSD Beta 10.69.2.2, Elon Musk just announced that Tesla vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a safety score of 80+ will be receiving FSD Beta by tomorrow! This totals to 60,000 new users, according to Musk.

Drive Tesla Canada reports that Tesla has already begun the process of rolling out to new testers.

View attachment 854605
Has anyone with a 2017 MX or 2018 M3 received the FSD Beta? I purchased FSD for both of my Teslas, 2017 MX100D and 2018 Performance M3. Safety score on both is >90, both just received 2022.20.9, which switched the radar off and changed with vehicles to vision only two days ago. No other updates available at this time. Curious to see how old is the oldest Tesla to receive FSD Beta, does anyone know?

Has anyone with a 2017 MX or 2018 M3 received the FSD Beta? I purchased FSD for both of my Teslas, 2017 MX100D and 2018 Performance M3. Safety score on both is >90, both just received 2022.20.9, which switched the radar off and changed with vehicles to vision only two days ago. No other updates available at this time. Curious to see how old is the oldest Tesla to receive FSD Beta, does anyone know?
Mine is a 2018 M3P with mid-September delivery. Just installed this last night. Haven’t driven with it yet.

Downloaded the FSD update at 3:30am and left Birmingham to St. Petersburg Fl (600miles) just before 5am. Used FSD on majority of drive. Did go manual at times as I’m not sure of exactly how it all works. Had one phantom breaking episode but car car never fully stopped. Overall, made the 12 hour drive much more enjoyable but I was being cautious.

Reactions: evannole
Been beta testing all morning since dropping my kid off at school. At best “full self driving” is highly deceptive marketing and at worst dangerous and not to be used outside out a few high data input scenarios such as dense stop and go traffic.
I use it everywhere from Florida to NY and yes, there are some random serious issues and it's not close to level 5, but 85-90% of the time it drives for me without error.

I use it everywhere from Florida to NY and yes, there are some random serious issues and it's not close to level 5, but 85-90% of the time it drives for me without error.
It works ok-ish on well-defined segments of highway even without dense traffic. Unfortunately there's not much of that in Denver. My autopilot experience in Denver, CO is considerably poorer than the same software and hardware set in Dallas, TX (2019 software, old version TPU). In Dallas I could drive from Plano to Denton with little-to-no driver intervention, even on 2018 software. It is completely unusable in Denver with 2022 software and upgraded TPU.

It works ok-ish on well-defined segments of highway even without dense traffic. Unfortunately there's not much of that in Denver. My autopilot experience in Denver, CO is considerably poorer than the same software and hardware set in Dallas, TX (2019 software, old version TPU). In Dallas I could drive from Plano to Denton with little-to-no driver intervention, even on 2018 software. It is completely unusable in Denver with 2022 software and upgraded TPU.
Certainly not close to level 5, for sure, but I've had really good success in downtown Atlanta (other than the GPS issue) Charlotte, and Columbia, SC.

85-90 is NOT good. Elon in a video talked about removing the steering wheel in future cars. Unless it is 99% or greater almost everywhere (rural areas have a pass) this will not fly with the government. AND....not worth 15K. 5K MAX..................