Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All used 75D uncorked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if I'm dreaming right now, but I requested the uncorking via the app yesterday. Just about an hour ago I got a txt from a tech, letting me know they could send me a firmware update OTA and get it taken care of now!

So yeah! I'm currently downloading the update and I hope to see 0-60 times drop!

Can this be true?

The answer is "maybe". When I was trying to get mine done, I also had a similar reply once and they did do something to it, except that it was exactly the opposite as uncorking. After they've done the remote firmware thing, the car was much much slower. Almost like a permanent chill mode was on. Only after I went to the service center they were able to push the right update and fix it.

Fingers crossed it works for you, let us know.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
The answer is "maybe". When I was trying to get mine done, I also had a similar reply once and they did do something to it, except that it was exactly the opposite as uncorking. After they've done the remote firmware thing, the car was much much slower. Almost like a permanent chill mode was on. Only after I went to the service center they were able to push the right update and fix it.

Fingers crossed it works for you, let us know.

Oh man, I hope thats not the case! Well the update is done, so here I go to test it out. I will be back with the results!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I feel so alive or maybe Im dreaming, but WOW its sooooooo muuuuuccccchhhhhhh faaaasssssteeeeer!

Thanks for the tip about the Dallas SC, I really want to punch Plano in the nose at this point!

Any concerns that future updates will remove this update?

Reactions: cucubits
I was just checking out used 2016 75D's on tesla's site. They used to be uncorked at 4.2 seconds. But suddenly most of the 2016 and 2017 75ds are 0-60 in 5.2 secs instead of 4.2 secs. I wonder if they are not uncorking them anymore and charging you extra to perform that? A nice plus i just noticed is all ap2+ vehicles look like they have FSD now automatically.

Example
2017 Model S | Tesla

I was just checking out used 2016 75D's on tesla's site. They used to be uncorked at 4.2 seconds. But suddenly most of the 2016 and 2017 75ds are 0-60 in 5.2 secs instead of 4.2 secs. I wonder if they are not uncorking them anymore and charging you extra to perform that? A nice plus i just noticed is all ap2+ vehicles look like they have FSD now automatically.

Example
2017 Model S | Tesla

I got mine uncorked and with testing under different conditions i'm getting consistent low 4's. Also got the FSD computer upgrade since i HAD AP2 and paid for full self driving.

Example
2017 Model S | Tesla

Also noticed this and would like to know this

Hello,

I guess I’m a bit perplexed by all this. My CPO November 2016 S75D was advertised as having a 4.2 second 0-60 (I have the screen shots to prove it). I’ll admit, I haven’t tried to time it. Is there really some chance that my particular car is “corked”? I guess I was assuming that this applied only to those cars that are being advertised as 0-60 in 5.2....

Thanks,

Todd

Hello,

I guess I’m a bit perplexed by all this. My CPO November 2016 S75D was advertised as having a 4.2 second 0-60 (I have the screen shots to prove it). I’ll admit, I haven’t tried to time it. Is there really some chance that my particular car is “corked”? I guess I was assuming that this applied only to those cars that are being advertised as 0-60 in 5.2....

Thanks,

Todd

Yes. there is the chance that it's limited and it'll do over 5 seconds. Try to time it, it's easy to tell, just use your phone timer, find an empty stretch and see if you can watch the speedo to stop it around 60mph. Alternatively, a safer way is to just hold your phone to record a video of the speedo and time it when you play it back. One second 0-60 is a big difference. If you get anything closer to 4, it's uncorked, if it's over 5, if corked.

From what I understand, there can be multiple factors involved here: it can be just a software change (service center needs to make a firmware update) or it can be a hardware limitation (some fuses/contactors, I don't know exactly, but if you manage to convince them, they should make it right and do the upgrade for you).

So, I made two impromptu tries today, on relatively flat straightaways. (It's about 90 degrees here, but windless.) I recorded (had to delete the words "video taped," anachronistic) the speedometer both times. Neither made it south of five seconds.

So, what are the "magic words" when dealing with Tesla about getting this OTA update to uncork the 4.2 seconds?

It's not certain that an OTA update will fix it. You can try an email to your delivery advisor, state the you based your purchase decision on the advertised characteristics of the car (4.2 sec 0-60 time), show him a screenshot of the order page where this is stated if you have it and straight away ask for it to be uncorked. They'll understand you know what this is about.

Alternatively, make a service center appointment (select firmware update or something else which would let the app choose a service center over mobile tech visit) and tell them the same (you can see my service center requests on the first page of this thread, if you'd like an example).

Let us know!

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
It probably doesn't mean much, but I used the app to schedule service under software update, said "Vehicle advertised as 0-60 in 4.2. Will not achieve sub-5 second 0-60. Request update (firmware or OTA) to deliver "uncorked" 4.2 second 0-60 as sold. Thank you!" And, I attached a screen shot of the CPO page (I learned my lesson from a previous purchase attempt.) Was offered mobile service, accepted, and quickly got a text confirming the visit for 7/30 (local place does mobile service on Thursdays, apparently, and I can't do next Thursday).

Will keep folks posted....

It probably doesn't mean much, but I used the app to schedule service under software update, said "Vehicle advertised as 0-60 in 4.2. Will not achieve sub-5 second 0-60. Request update (firmware or OTA) to deliver "uncorked" 4.2 second 0-60 as sold. Thank you!" And, I attached a screen shot of the CPO page (I learned my lesson from a previous purchase attempt.) Was offered mobile service, accepted, and quickly got a text confirming the visit for 7/30 (local place does mobile service on Thursdays, apparently, and I can't do next Thursday).

That's exactly what I did and had mine uncorked by a ranger at my home.

Sounds promising. So did the update work?

Any update? Im in the market for a 75D and would like to know how it's going so far. Thanks!

No update yet. I received the car last Sunday and did some driving. It does feel like its the 5.2 sec sadly. I haven't had a chance to contact any Tesla SC yet due to fixing some issues on delivery and waiting to register my car into the app. (car was delivered with a big scrape on the rear diffuser). I will try to give them a call this weekend about uncorking it.

• Informative