Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All used 75D uncorked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is more detail on the shunt validation process. The video is about ludicrous upgrades but you get the idea:
If the idea is that my battery pack would have to be dropped to access the battery shunt to make some kind of physical change with a wire, then that sounds like game over for my uncorked dreams.

If so, I can live with that...even at 5.2, I love my Model S more today than the day I bought it. It’s sex on wheels. I’ve never owned a car that generates so much attention...it makes me feel like a celebrity when I’m driving it. The younger generation, especially, go out of their way to say positive things. I never thought I’d be the type who would enjoy this, but I’m embarrassed to say that I do.

It’s sex on wheels. I’ve never owned a car that generates so much attention...it makes me feel like a celebrity when I’m driving it. The younger generation, especially, go out of their way to say positive things. I never thought I’d be the type who would enjoy this, but I’m embarrassed to say that I do.
Note to self: Avoid posting after drinking beer on an empty stomach, especially if there’s no delete button.

I am looking for used Model S 75D (2017 or 2018). I'm not buying it from Tesla.com as there is nothing in my country.

I don't see any mention of uncorked in used 75D market so is there a way to know it for sure I'm getting the 4,2 seconds uncorked version? Is it correct that every single 2018 75D version is uncorked and has that better performance? 2017 some have it and some don't? If that's the case, I have to buy the 2018 version to 100% get it :)

I am looking for used Model S 75D (2017 or 2018). I'm not buying it from Tesla.com as there is nothing in my country.

I don't see any mention of uncorked in used 75D market so is there a way to know it for sure I'm getting the 4,2 seconds uncorked version? Is it correct that every single 2018 75D version is uncorked and has that better performance? 2017 some have it and some don't? If that's the case, I have to buy the 2018 version to 100% get it :)
Every 75 built since July 2017 should have been uncorked from the factory.

Interesting turn with my car, I bought a used 2015 70D AWD that had a massive battery failure and they replace it with a 90kWh pack but it's still locked at 70kWh however I just looked into my Tesla account and I have the "Non-performance Uncorked Acceleration" I'm assuming it's because of the battery but strange I would have this without paying to unlock the fill 90 battery.

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash