Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All used Tesla’s losing FUSC when sold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience buying a used Tesla outside of Tesla (private party or conventional dealer)? My friend just bought a used 2016 Tesla, which has Free unlimited Supercharging at the moment, but we’re seeing musings of that being revoked. While on the phone with Tesla to set up the app, they dodge the question.

If this is true and they are revoking it, is that even legal since Tesla never took possession of the car to make the change?

Some FUSL can be transfered only once. If you buy it from a private party it may transfer.
If you buy it from Tesla or a dealer it may be canceled because that is two transfers.
In this case, as I understand it here, none of that is applicable.
If this is true and they are revoking it, is that even legal since Tesla never took possession of the car to make the change?
Wasn’t free and unlimited for life still in full effect in 2016?
Yes, all of the cars in that 2016 time period were still permanent unlimited free Supercharging for the life of the car, through all subsequent transfers. So it should still have that, as long as it just kept going from private party to private party and it was never sold back to Tesla at any point.

Anyone have experience buying a used Tesla outside of Tesla (private party or conventional dealer)? My friend just bought a used 2016 Tesla, which has Free unlimited Supercharging at the moment, but we’re seeing musings of that being revoked. While on the phone with Tesla to set up the app, they dodge the question.

Well, so far so good. He got the app set up a while back and so far still has free unlimited Supercharging.