Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Warning Lights Flickered on/off same time and car kept moving forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all --

Car: 2019 M3 Long Range, Dual Motor w/ software 2020.4.1

Last night I had a very weird and somewhat scary thing happen. We were backing out of a parking space, and I noticed that when I put the car into drive, the rear view camera didn't go away. I also noticed that every warning indicator light came on and flickered on/off a couple times and the little steering wheel icon that tells you you can use cruise/auto pilot was flashing orange. What was weird was that the car kept moving forward like I had my foot on the accelerator pedal but I didn't. It wasn't very fast at all, but just the fact that it kept moving forward about 5 mph, or whatever it was shocked me a bit. I stepped on the brake and it halted everything.

Then it did it again tonight with the flashing dash lights but I didn't notice any moving forward by itself. I tried to get a video of it but it stopped doing it.

I rebooted the car fully via the "Power Off" button and let it sit for 3 minutes so the car itself did a power cycle. Then I did a full reboot of the UI with the two buttons until the T logo came up. I'll check it again in the morning to see if it happens again.

Anyone experience anything like this before?!