Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Warning Lights Flickered on/off same time and car kept moving forward

Allistah

Jul 6, 2019
Central Valley, CA
Hey all --

Car: 2019 M3 Long Range, Dual Motor w/ software 2020.4.1

Last night I had a very weird and somewhat scary thing happen. We were backing out of a parking space, and I noticed that when I put the car into drive, the rear view camera didn't go away. I also noticed that every warning indicator light came on and flickered on/off a couple times and the little steering wheel icon that tells you you can use cruise/auto pilot was flashing orange. What was weird was that the car kept moving forward like I had my foot on the accelerator pedal but I didn't. It wasn't very fast at all, but just the fact that it kept moving forward about 5 mph, or whatever it was shocked me a bit. I stepped on the brake and it halted everything.

Then it did it again tonight with the flashing dash lights but I didn't notice any moving forward by itself. I tried to get a video of it but it stopped doing it.

I rebooted the car fully via the "Power Off" button and let it sit for 3 minutes so the car itself did a power cycle. Then I did a full reboot of the UI with the two buttons until the T logo came up. I'll check it again in the morning to see if it happens again.

Anyone experience anything like this before?!

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
were you browsing in the web browser at all? i've hit a few sites that do this. it's definitely a security concern that Tesla needs to fix ASAP.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
rub the nipples and start over. if it happens again, let service know and keep track of the date/time. they may be able to pull the logs.

Dec 10, 2019
Illinois
I had this happen twice to me, once right after pulling away from a supercharger and once after I had been driving for about 10 minutes. I did a reboot after the second occurrence and I haven't seen it happen again. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Allistah

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC