TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All Weather Cargo Mats

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Linderloos, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Linderloos

Linderloos New Member

Does anybody have any experience with the "all weather cargo mats? How do they fit? Thanks so much!!

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

I bought the Tesla mat for the frunk and it fit perfectly.

3. Linderloos

Linderloos New Member

Thank you for your reply!! Can you tell me if the mat in the frunk "slips" at all, or does it stay firmly in place? Again, I really appreciate your reply!!

4. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

They fit well. I slide my daughter's pedi wheelchair in and out the back and it holds well.

Now waiting for the Tuxmat floor liners which are better than Weathertechs for snowy climates. Expected to be available this month

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

\\

Only used it once, but it stayed firmly in place (with fruits and vegetables). You'll note that the M3 frunk is not flat, so the mat has to bend with the floor. But, the mat has an excellent fit, so its snug around all sides. Just ordered one from Tesla for the rear.

6. Linderloos

Linderloos New Member

EXCELLENT! THANK YOU!!! Have you any experience with those kind of mats INSIDE-such as the front passenger/driver's side? We have a lot of pets, and need something (NOT a carpet) that will clean easy....:)

7. legend502

legend502 Member

personally I don't think the rear seat section fits that well. For me they bunch up in the corners and I'm not happy with that. Drivers and Passenger front are just fine.

8. Linderloos

Linderloos New Member

Thank you. Legend 502! We are doing tons of research, but it's so hard to find someone that has had experience with the product...lots of information ABOUT the product though! I appreciate your input!! THANK YOU!:)

9. Nikola M3

Nikola M3 Member

Does the trunk mat raise the "fuzz" on the factory floor material?

10. sandange

sandange sandange

I noticed that the trunk carpet on the showroom model here in Montreal did have the fuzz raised on it.
    I'll be putting a protective mat there when I get mine

11. Nikola M3

Nikola M3 Member

When I picked up my M3 the delivery person was excited to show me how the charge cable bag had velcro on it's bottom and could be placed anywhere without sliding around. She stuck it to several places in the trunk and peeled it up fuzzing the material on the hatch door. I was unable to make it look right trying several methods including a hair dryer to lay down the fuzz. I eventually had the SC order a new hatch cover.

12. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

At delivery, our SC guy warned us about the cable bag velcro ripping up the floor of the car. He suggested only leaving it in the side compartment held by the netting.

btw: anyone thought of putting it under the frunk? (There is a lot of space available where the front motor will go in the P models.)

13. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

What netting?

14. insaneoctane

Anyone else know about this netting?

15. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

sorry, wrong car. I meant the little storage pocket/space on the side behind the wheel. The cable bag can sit there in the indentation without rolling/bouncing around.

16. insaneoctane

Got it. Yes I like the flexibility of that cubby and would like to leave it available if possible. I'm thinking of getting the RPM Tesla trunk and frunk organizers...