Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Weather Floor Mats 3dMAXspider or ToughPro?

Which Floor Mats Do You Prefer?

• 3D MAXspider

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • ToughPro

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! So I am currently browsing all weather mats for my 2016 MX 6 seater. I've narrowed it down to either the 3d MAXspider or ToughPro. What I like about the ToughPro is the rugged look and option for frunk/trunk mats, including 3rd row down along with up option.

ToughPRO Completed Set:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HO00MEM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_w4dCDbPYAXTBV

3D MAXpider:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074VK19Z8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C5dCDbEQWFNZT

Please vote below and feel free to comment why. Thank you so much!

There is a thread about floor mats in the X The Best All Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model X | Tesla that covers the 3D MAXpider, Toughpro and weathertech. The consensus seemed to be the MAXpider, One guy had both the Toughpro and 3D, he preferred the 3D MAXpider. I am using the Tesla branded weathertech mats which work pretty well.

Here is a review for many of the mats on a Model 3 from Byorn nyland -
- He likes the 3D Maxpider, another that ranks 9 different ones -
also ranks the 3D Max as their choice.

I've had both and vastly prefer the 3DMaxpider mats. They just look and feel better than the ToughPros. The driver's mat for my ToughPros got a tear in it after a year. The MaxPiders look flawless after the same amount of time. The ToughPros really just look like patterns cut out of a large piece of material (which they are) whereas the 3D feel custom made. Plus the raised edge is a benefit.

I've had the ToughPros for over 2 years in my X. When we got our TM3 I got ToughPros for that as well. I love them and I've gotten quite a few comments from other owners who've ridden in my car and want the same mats. I've had no issues with them and have 50k miles on the X and these mats have been in there the whole time.

I just got the 3D Maxpider trunk/cargo mat, and don't have a clue as to the best way it's supposed to stay in place when the 3rd row is up.

Anyone have pictures of how they've handled it? I've tried keeping the load floor part in place, then bending the fold towards me, and pressing it against the 3rd row seats.

Of course, it doesn't stay in place..

The other method is much more annoying, but, I will pull the load floor out, and do a juggling act to get the folding section under the load floor, so the fold occurs under it. It stays in place better, but, such a pain.

So, anyone have ideas?

I just got the 3D Maxpider trunk/cargo mat, and don't have a clue as to the best way it's supposed to stay in place when the 3rd row is up.

Anyone have pictures of how they've handled it? I've tried keeping the load floor part in place, then bending the fold towards me, and pressing it against the 3rd row seats.

Of course, it doesn't stay in place..

The other method is much more annoying, but, I will pull the load floor out, and do a juggling act to get the folding section under the load floor, so the fold occurs under it. It stays in place better, but, such a pain.

So, anyone have ideas?

I can't even find a 3DMaxPider Cargo mat for 2017+ 3rd Row Down in a 7 Seater.

I'm not surprised that the mat would not stay put with 3rd row up.

I can see one for Late 2016 and Older. You can see the difference on Tesla Shop and the one on Amazon looks like the older shape.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-M1TL0011309-All-Weather-Stowable/dp/B07SVKC5LC

Likewise on the Frunk MaxPider on Amazon it says for "Selected X Models" but does not say which ones. I would assume the frunk is the same in all Model X's?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SQBFNC2

I can't even find a 3DMaxPider Cargo mat for 2017+ 3rd Row Down in a 7 Seater.

I'm not surprised that the mat would not stay put with 3rd row up.

I can see one for Late 2016 and Older. You can see the difference on Tesla Shop and the one on Amazon looks like the older shape.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-M1TL0011309-All-Weather-Stowable/dp/B07SVKC5LC

Likewise on the Frunk MaxPider on Amazon it says for "Selected X Models" but does not say which ones. I would assume the frunk is the same in all Model X's?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SQBFNC2

I have a 2019 six seater, and I believe the cargo area has been the same since 2017? The mat fits well with the 3rd row flat, it's just the whole "stowable" part.. not a clue on how that is designed, I'll take some pictures of it, though, in case any one has some idea.

And yes, the frunk, from what I hear is the same...

Reactions: mswlogo
I have a 2019 six seater, and I believe the cargo area has been the same since 2017? The mat fits well with the 3rd row flat, it's just the whole "stowable" part.. not a clue on how that is designed, I'll take some pictures of it, though, in case any one has some idea.

And yes, the frunk, from what I hear is the same...

Where did you get the Cargo Maxpider mat?
The only one I can find is Pre 2017 which is slightly different.

Photos would be great.

There is another thread by @jerseygirl18 about this exact same question.

I like the MaxPider 3D mats. They appear to fit the best and contain spills with good ridges around the edge of the mats. And they just look good (with the exception of the ugly 3D logo). They are in the front and second row. I have a 5 seat version.

I used weathertec for the cargo area since I could not find a MaxPider equivalent.

https://amzn.to/31fEnA9

I prefer the evannex.com brand.
I tried Tesla's, Weather tech, and a generic brand. Evannex was FAR superior than all the rest. They are also "softer"
15682855995458061583238609756096.jpg
15682856941572309654865519830048.jpg
15682857637906512874233187129074.jpg
15682858535637534808118724419676.jpg

I bought these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBTSFWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are very beautiful. they fit perfectly. They are not the "tub" like weathertech. Frankly, weathertech seem like just cheap plastic tubs but they might last longer than these "soft" kanredi mats. I have huge praise for this kanredi. They actually have sides which will go between seat and door - they will contain water but not as much as weathertech (because there is no "lip" at the bottom of the seat). The side wall protection is better than weather tech. There was another seller on amazon with same looking mats. I bought from them also.. but they did not have little "tabs" which we can use to anchor the mat to the trim.. when I pointed it out, that seller actually refunded the money, without even me having to ship the mats back to china! As good as that seller was, you should go with Kanredi because they actually work. I like them so much that I ordered for my jaguar.. they are kinda pain to special order.. they ask for a lot of pictures (not sure why, if they have the model number!) but the result was just amazing mats for my jaguar too!

Sorry for the delay - here are some pictures of the 3D Maxpider Stowable Cargo Mat installed...

With 3rd Row folded down:
2019-09-16.png

With 3rd Row up (the mat is HELD IN PLACE for this picture):
2019-09-16.png

How it normally sits with 3rd Row Up and gravity (would have been nice if they included some velcro or modified the backing so it could stick to the carpet, or even hook to those cargo attachment points):
2019-09-16.png

And, the shenanigans required to fold it the way I have it done:
2019-09-16.png

The folding is a pain to get done so that it sits the way I have it pictured...

Some pictures of the lineup with the 3rd row up (and mat HELD IN PLACE):
2019-09-16.png

2019-09-16.png

Reactions: mswlogo
Sorry for the delay - here are some pictures of the 3D Maxpider Stowable Cargo Mat installed...

With 3rd Row up (the mat is HELD IN PLACE for this picture):
2019-09-16.png

Some pictures of the lineup with the 3rd row up (and mat HELD IN PLACE):
2019-09-16.png

Is this trunk liner stay in place as pictured above when 3rd row is up? I have 2018 MX 7 seater and considering this trunk liner due to its folding capablity.

Is this trunk liner stay in place as pictured above when 3rd row is up? I have 2018 MX 7 seater and considering this trunk liner due to its folding capablity.

It typically sits like the 3rd picture I posted. Folded down. If you put some cargo or anything, then, because of it's firmness, it usually stays up against the seat.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've gotten better at the folding of the mat, and I'm glad I have it. Picking up those 50lb bags of salt from Costco, I don't have to worry about that salt getting everywhere, and can just shake the mat out or wipe it.

It typically sits like the 3rd picture I posted. Folded down. If you put some cargo or anything, then, because of it's firmness, it usually stays up against the seat.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've gotten better at the folding of the mat, and I'm glad I have it. Picking up those 50lb bags of salt from Costco, I don't have to worry about that salt getting everywhere, and can just shake the mat out or wipe it.
are you happy with the build quality? more importantly the part which folds needs to be flexible & strong enough.

are you happy with the build quality? more importantly the part which folds needs to be flexible & strong enough.

I can't speak to longevity, yet, but it seems to be holding up well. The folding hasn't caused any issues (tears, rips, or permanent creasing), so I do hope that it lasts.

I also purchased the 3D MaxPider floor mats as well (6 seater). A tight fit, but look good and easier to clean than the default carpet mats.